This important podcast was suggested by one of our listeners: One question that has come up in a number of conversations lately, especially with young people is: “Isn’t it colonial of us to send missionaries?” They’re not satisfied with a simple… “No, Jesus says go!” for an answer. We’re grappling with this one though, considering the good done in mission history, but also the negative, and the associations with colonialism. We recently heard of a young adult’s group at a Bible-believing church that doesn’t want to take a mission course because “missions is too colonial.” How do we teach and help people through such questions? Do missionaries destroy culture? Do they do more harm than good? And isn’t it colonial of Christians to still be sending missionaries? Join us as we address these questions with Robert Woodberry, surfacing the impact missionaries have had upon the world.
- Evangelical Views on Women in Ministry & Marriage: Differences in Interpretation, Not InspirationFri May 20, 2022, 04:00 PM PDT
- Webinar: An Introduction to the Theology and Practice of Cross-Cultural RiskThu May 26 2022, 12:00pm EDT
- Pocket Guide to Being a Missions Pastor: 5 Things Every Missions Pastor Needs to KnowWed Jun 1 2022, 01:00pm EDT
- From Harlem to the World - the Local Church Mobilized for Global MissionsWed Aug 3 2022, 01:00pm EDT
- Innovation Leaders DiscussionMon Aug 8 2022, 01:00pm EDT
author interview CEO Church Church Missions Church Mission Team Church Planting COVID-19 Cross Cultural Skills Diaspora Disciple Making Discipleship Focus Future Innovation Islam Justin Long Leadership Management Member Care Missiology Missionaries Mission Finance and Administration MLC2019 MLC2020 MLC2021 Mobilization muslim Muslim Diaspora Networks Partnership Podcast Presenter Pursuing Partnerships Series Research Risk Short-Term Missions Spirituality support raising Training Trends Unengaged Unreached Weekly Roundup Women Women in Leadership