CEO OnBoard Overview: In an effort to respond to the significant increase in new CEOs at mission organizations, Missio Nexus seeks to walk alongside leaders who have been in their role five-years or less. Our desire is to assist these CEOs in their adjustment to the new role, new team and perhaps new organization. Leaders will be engaged both one-on-one by our Onboard Mission Advisor and will also have the opportunity to interact as a group with other CEOs who are in similar positions.
- Create smooth transitions from the previous CEOs
- Encourage CEOs to be Spirit led learners, team builders, and consensus builders
- Assist CEOs with time management and spiritual development
- Help new CEOs work together as a cohort to learn, ideate and innovate
- Assist CEOs in building strong relationships with board members
The Onboard program will launch each year with a new class of CEOs at the Missio Nexus Annual Mission Leaders Conference. Participants will be expected to attend the fall conference and specific time will be utilized in the schedule for the new group to interact with the Mission Advisor and as a group. Following the conference, the individual CEOs will have the opportunity to interact via phone, email and through an online virtual cohort group with each other and the Mission Advisor. About half-way through the year the Mission Advisor will personally visit with the CEO at their headquarters for a one-day deep dive. The nine-month program will conclude in the summer at the Missio Nexus Annual Peer-to-Peer CEO retreat. At this event CEOs will have the opportunity to interact with a wider group of CEOs from many different mission organizations and conclude their mentoring.
Potential Topics for Interaction and Advising:
- Change Dynamics and Management
- Financial Issues
- Staff Leadership
- Time Management
- Development of Field Leadership
- Leadership Development
- Spiritual Maturity and Development
- Security Management and Mitigation
- Creating an Environment for Growth and Development
- Innovating innovation
- Board Development
- Six limited openings each year for new Onboard participants
- CEOs must be serving five years or less
- Program runs September – June
- Participants are expected to attend the Mission Leaders Conference in September and the Peer-to-Peer CEO event in June.
- The Onboard Mission Advisor will visit the CEO on site half-way through the program (Jan. – Mar.)
- $1,200.00 Program Fee
- Mission Leaders Conference (see website for details)
- Peer-to-Peer Event (see website for details)
- Expenses for the one-day visit by the Mission Advisor (hotel, flight, meals, transportation)
From J. Michael Johnson, Onboard Mission Advisor:
Taking on the leadership of a mission organization is both exciting and also a daunting responsibility. As a relatively new CEO, have you wished there was a safe person with whom you could bounce off ideas for developing your agency, or gain new insights in resolving a particular situation, or developing your field leadership? After you took over the leadership of your mission were you surprised to discover something you did not expect, and you were unsure just how to respond? Or perhaps you have felt it would be reassuring just to know that the direction you are heading is the best one?
God has so designed mission organizations that they can never go beyond its leader. Its vision, passion, motivation, and ministry can either be built up by its CEO, or dampened and even hampered by its leader. As a CEO of a Christian mission, you bear a huge responsibility before the Lord to lead those who will turn their world upside down. (Acts 17:6).
Onboard is a ministry of Missio Nexus that is designed especially for CEOs who have been in their position for five years or less. Onboard seeks to come alongside CEOs by providing resources and mentors who have been there and done that. It is not all about problem-solving, but we come on board, walking along side you as you lead and develop your mission agency.
About the Onboard Mission Advisor: J. Michael Johnson
Michael comes with more than 43 years mission experience as a field missionary, Bible teacher, church planter, developer of leaders, and mission CEO. Michael and his wife, Diana, left for the mission field in 1974 to live clandestinely in a communist country. Over the next 38 years, they lived in five European countries and now make their home in Lexington, South Carolina.
Michael has ministered in more than 50 countries, developing leaders of churches and missions. He founded Bible schools, established humanitarian efforts, and church planting teams across Europe, Russia and Central Asia. He was Regional Leader with Pioneers for Europe, Russia, and Latin America and founder of Pioneers Europe, sending out European missionaries. More recently he was International Director of the mission People International which works in predominately Muslim countries from Turkey to China. Since July 2016 he is co-leader of THE REFUGEE NETWORK, involving mission agencies and churches working alongside European-led efforts to reach Muslim refugees.
Michael and Diana have three adult children and three grandchildren.
Once Accepted Pay Here: