CEO OnBoard Overview: In an effort to respond to the significant increase in new CEOs at mission organizations, Missio Nexus seeks to walk alongside leaders who have been in their role five-years or less. Our desire is to assist these CEOs in their adjustment to the new role, new team and perhaps new organization. Leaders will be engaged both one-on-one by our Onboard Mission Advisor and will also have the opportunity to interact as a group with other CEOs who are in similar positions.
- Create smooth transitions from the previous CEOs
- Encourage CEOs to be Spirit led learners, team builders, and consensus builders
- Assist CEOs with time management and spiritual development
- Help new CEOs work together as a cohort to learn, ideate and innovate
- Assist CEOs in building strong relationships with board members
The Onboard program will launch each year with a new class of CEOs at the Missio Nexus Annual Mission Leaders Conference. Participants will be expected to attend the fall conference and specific time will be utilized in the schedule for the new group to interact with the Mission Advisor and as a group. Following the conference, the individual CEOs will have the opportunity to interact via phone, email and through an online virtual cohort group with each other and the Mission Advisor. About half-way through the year the Mission Advisor will personally visit with the CEO at their headquarters for a one-day deep dive. The nine-month program will conclude in the summer at the Missio Nexus Annual Peer-to-Peer CEO retreat. At this event CEOs will have the opportunity to interact with a wider group of CEOs from many different mission organizations and conclude their mentoring.
Potential Topics for Interaction and Advising:
- Change Dynamics and Management
- Financial Issues
- Staff Leadership
- Time Management
- Development of Field Leadership
- Leadership Development
- Spiritual Maturity and Development
- Security Management and Mitigation
- Creating an Environment for Growth and Development
- Innovating innovation
- Board Development
- Six limited openings each year for new Onboard participants
- CEOs must be serving five years or less
- Program runs September – June
- Participants are expected to attend the Mission Leaders Conference in September and the Peer-to-Peer CEO event in June.
- The Onboard Mission Advisor will visit the CEO on site half-way through the program (Jan. – Mar.)
- $1,200.00 Program Fee
- Mission Leaders Conference (see website for details)
- Peer-to-Peer Event (see website for details)
- Expenses for the one-day visit by the Mission Advisor (hotel, flight, meals, transportation)
We are in process of appointing a new coach for our OnBoard CEO program, which will be announced soon!
We are accepting applications but will be adapting the plan for 2019. All applications in 2019 will have their OnBoard process run from January 2020 – September 2020 in a slightly different schedule but the same process. All 2020 applicants will run the normal schedule of September 2020 – Spring 2021.
Once Accepted Pay Here: