Originally posted on prayercast.com
Evolving news of the COVID-19 coronavirus permeates our headlines. It has fueled global uncertainty, rampant fear, and in some places an almost complete stop to normal life.
Jesus said, “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).
Let’s stop and remember some Biblical truths about the coronavirus.
- God reigns OVER it. If the wind and sea obey Him, so does this virus (Matthew 8:27).
- He is IN THE MIDST of it. He’s our ever-present help in trouble (Psalm 46:1).
- He wants to do something THROUGH it. He has good purposes in ALL things (Romans 8:28).
- He can bring eternal hope OUT OF it. Humanity is mortal, and it’s urgent that each and every person hears and knows the hope of the Gospel.
So, what can YOU do?
- LIFT YOUR EYES from the headlines and fix them on Jesus.
- PRAY. No quarantine will ever stop the power and reach of prayer. In fact, it just might multiply it!
- SHARE the Hope of the Gospel with those around you.