Deaf: The Final Frontier of the Great Commission
Deaf people collectively are considered to be one of the largest unreached people groups in the world today. In this workshop, you’ll find out:
- Why less than 2% of Deaf people attend church on a given Sunday;
- Why the Deaf are so close to God’s heart;
- What Scripture resources are currently available to Deaf communities worldwide (and future progress);
- What best practices look like in Deaf ministry;
- Who are some major partners working in these areas; and
- What practical things your church or organization can do to get involved.
Rob Myers began his role as CEO at DOOR International in May 2014. His passion is to see the Deaf trained and empowered to lead a movement to make Christ known and to lead their own people into relationship with Him. Prior to joining DOOR, Rob served as Dean of Sciences and an Associate Professor of Mathematics at Bethel College in Mishawaka, IN. Rob holds three bachelors degrees (in physics, math, and German) and a Ph.D. in Mathematics from the University of California – Berkeley. Rob is married to Michelle, and they have four boys.