This edition of Global Issues Update addresses the Global Status of Refugees with subject matter expert Tom Albinson. Tom has been working with forcibly displaced people since 1980 and was based in Vienna until 2003, where he worked with refugees from Eastern Europe, Russia, Central Asia, East Asia and Africa. In 2001 Tom helped found the Refugee Highway Partnership and in 2009 he founded the International Association of Refugees. There are 42 million forcibly displaced people in the world. That translates into 1 out of every 162 people alive today. The Bible clearly communicates God’s heart for these aliens and strangers as well as His expectation for those of us who claim to be Christ-followers: The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself (Leviticus 19:34).
- The Mobilized Church: Keys to Unlock Missions PotentialTue Sep 29 2020
- How Do I Get My Pastor Engaged in Missions? Cracking the CodeWed Nov 4 2020, 01:00pm EST
- Webinar: Creating a Culture of InnovationThu Nov 5 2020, 02:00pm EST
- The Mobilized Church Experience – Virtual Executive PreviewSat Nov 14 2020, 12:00pm EST
- 24 Plus: Mobilizing Communities of Color - Now VirtualMon Nov 16 2020, 01:00pm EST
author interview Canada CEO Church Church Missions Church Mission Team Church Planting Coaching Conference Proceedings COVID-19 Cross Cultural Skills Diaspora Evangelism Focus Future Globally Engaged Churches Islam Justin Long Leadership Management Missiology Missionaries Mission Finance and Administration MLC2019 MLC2020 Mobilization muslim Muslim Diaspora Networks Partnership Personal Productivity Podcast Presenter Research Security Short-Term Missions Spirituality support raising Training Trends Unengaged Unreached unreached people groups Weekly Roundup Women