This edition of Global Issues Update addresses the Global Status of Refugees with subject matter expert Tom Albinson. Tom has been working with forcibly displaced people since 1980 and was based in Vienna until 2003, where he worked with refugees from Eastern Europe, Russia, Central Asia, East Asia and Africa. In 2001 Tom helped found the Refugee Highway Partnership and in 2009 he founded the International Association of Refugees. There are 42 million forcibly displaced people in the world. That translates into 1 out of every 162 people alive today. The Bible clearly communicates God’s heart for these aliens and strangers as well as His expectation for those of us who claim to be Christ-followers: The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself (Leviticus 19:34).
- Webinar: Through the WallThu Jan 28 2021, 02:00pm EST
- Three Easy Ways to Drive InnovationThu Feb 11 2021, 02:00pm EST
- Three Steps to Kickstart Your Fund Development ProgramTue Feb 16 2021, 03:00pm EST
- Webinar: Innovating Theological Education: How BibleMesh can Prepare your Staff for MinistryThu Feb 25 2021, 02:00pm EST
- Association Leaders GatheringTue Mar 2 2021, 08:30am EST
author interview Canada CEO Church Church Missions Church Mission Team Church Planting Coaching Conference Proceedings COVID-19 Cross Cultural Skills Diaspora Evangelism Focus Future Globally Engaged Churches Islam Justin Long Leadership Management Missiology Missionaries Mission Finance and Administration MLC2019 MLC2020 Mobilization muslim Muslim Diaspora Networks Partnership Personal Productivity Podcast Presenter Research Security Short-Term Missions Spirituality support raising Training Trends Unengaged Unreached unreached people groups Weekly Roundup Women