This edition of Global Issues Update addresses the Global Status of Refugees with subject matter expert Tom Albinson. Tom has been working with forcibly displaced people since 1980 and was based in Vienna until 2003, where he worked with refugees from Eastern Europe, Russia, Central Asia, East Asia and Africa. In 2001 Tom helped found the Refugee Highway Partnership and in 2009 he founded the International Association of Refugees. There are 42 million forcibly displaced people in the world. That translates into 1 out of every 162 people alive today. The Bible clearly communicates God’s heart for these aliens and strangers as well as His expectation for those of us who claim to be Christ-followers: The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself (Leviticus 19:34).
- Essentials for Fundraising and DevelopmentWed Jan 26 2022, 01:00pm EST
- CEO Thought Leader Briefing: The Lausanne Update - the State of the Great CommissionWed Jan 26 2022, 01:00pm EST
- Webinar: Discovering the effective writer within youThu Jan 27 2022, 12:00pm EST
- Showing the Heart of the Sojourner to Afghan RefugeesWed Feb 2 2022, 12:00pm EST
- Webinar: Studying missions in credible and useful waysThu Feb 10 2022, 12:00pm EST
author interview CEO Church Church Missions Church Mission Team Church Planting COVID-19 Cross Cultural Skills Diaspora Disciple Making Discipleship Evangelism Focus Future Innovation Islam Justin Long Leadership Management Missiology Missionaries Mission Finance and Administration MLC2019 MLC2020 MLC2021 Mobilization muslim Muslim Diaspora Networks Partnership Personal Productivity Podcast Presenter Pursuing Partnerships Series Research Short-Term Missions Spirituality support raising Training Trends Unengaged Unreached Weekly Roundup Women Women in Leadership