Based on Marv Newell’s book, Crossing Cultures in Scripture: Biblical Principles for Mission Practice, a survey of Scripture from Genesis to Revelation will draw out crosscultural practices and development as they relate to God’s redeeming of all peoples from all cultures through all time. The Bible is a crosscultural book through and through, and within are principles that guide the crosscultural worker today in reaching any cultural group with the fullness of the Gospel. Rather than tapping the social sciences as the primary sources for engaging culture, this workshop does the opposite – it examines Scripture as the primary source to inform today’s message bearers on crosscultural engagement. (It is strongly suggested that attendees purchase the book Crossing Cultures in Scripture in advance for meaningful engagement). This is part 1 of a 3 part series.
- Unpacking the Interpretive Challanges of the "Contested Passages" on WomenThu Oct 21 2021
- Webinar: The Role of Mission Organizations in Missionary Well-BeingThu Oct 21 2021, 12:00pm EDT
- The Innovation Crises: Creating Disruptive Influence in the Ministry You LeadThu Oct 28 2021, 01:00pm EDT
- The Danger of Safety: How Our Love Affair with Safety Keeps Us from World Missions and What To Do About ItWed Nov 3 2021, 01:00pm EDT
- Peer 2 Peer for Marketing and Communications Staff: Maximizing Video and Photos to Tell your StoryThu Nov 4 2021, 02:00pm EDT
author interview CEO Church Church Missions Church Mission Team Church Planting COVID-19 Cross Cultural Skills Diaspora Disciple Making Discipleship Focus Future Globally Engaged Churches Innovation Islam Justin Long Leadership Management Missiology Missionaries Mission Finance and Administration MLC2019 MLC2020 MLC2021 Mobilization muslim Muslim Diaspora Networks Partnership Personal Productivity Podcast Presenter Pursuing Partnerships Series Research Short-Term Missions Spirituality support raising Training Trends Unengaged Unreached Weekly Roundup Women Women in Leadership