About 3% of the world’s total population live in countries in which they were not born and can broadly be characterized as Diaspora peoples. This does not take into account the many millions who have experienced significant transition inside their country of birth, such as migrant workers in China, who in 2009 numbered as many as 230 million. Dr. Ralph Winter wrote that Diaspora missiology may well be the most important undigested reality in missions thinking today. We simply have not caught up with the fact that most of the world’s people can no longer be defined geographically.In the February 2011 Global Issues Update, Dr. Enoch Wan helps us understand the significance of Diaspora ministry and the importance of seizing the critical window of opportunity that is opened when dislocated people are separated from the ties of family, culture and tradition upon moving to a new community. Enoch Wan is the Director of the Doctor of Missiology program at Western Seminary and the President of the Evangelical Missiological Society. He also serves as the editor of the multi-lingual, free online journal, GlobalMissiology.org.
- Unpacking the Interpretive Challanges of the "Contested Passages" on WomenThu Oct 21 2021
- The Innovation Crises: Creating Disruptive Influence in the Ministry You LeadThu Oct 28 2021, 01:00pm EDT
- The Danger of Safety: How Our Love Affair with Safety Keeps Us from World Missions and What To Do About ItWed Nov 3 2021, 01:00pm EDT
- Peer 2 Peer for Marketing and Communications Staff: Maximizing Video and Photos to Tell your StoryThu Nov 4 2021, 02:00pm EDT
- Denominational RoundtableMon Nov 8 2021, 01:00pm EST
author interview CEO Church Church Missions Church Mission Team Church Planting COVID-19 Cross Cultural Skills Diaspora Disciple Making Discipleship Focus Future Globally Engaged Churches Innovation Islam Justin Long Leadership Management Missiology Missionaries Mission Finance and Administration MLC2019 MLC2020 MLC2021 Mobilization muslim Muslim Diaspora Networks Partnership Personal Productivity Podcast Presenter Pursuing Partnerships Series Research Short-Term Missions Spirituality support raising Training Trends Unengaged Unreached Weekly Roundup Women Women in Leadership