Submit an Article to EMQEMQ receives articles from anyone who has a fresh idea pertaining to world missions. We are not a scholarly journal written for academics, but desire material that is academically respectable, reflecting careful thought and practical application to missions professionals, and especially working missionaries. We like to see problems not only diagnosed, but solved either by way of illustration or suggestion.
About the EMQ Audience
- Missionaries, mission agency executives, mission professors, missionary candidates, students, school/church libraries, mission pastors, mission-minded church leaders, mission supporters, and agency board members.
- Over half of our readers live and work overseas serving with over a hundred different denominations and sending agencies.
- They are well educated; two-thirds of them have graduate degrees.
- They work at hundreds of different missionary ministries, most of them as church planters and teachers.
- They are most interested in cultural and biblical values, Christianity and culture, church and culture, discipleship processes, evangelism methods, church planting methods, and leadership training methods.
- They do not see EMQ as a scholarly journal; rather they see it as a very readable, informative, stimulating, and practical publication.
- Five times as many readers describe EMQ as extremely practical compared to extremely theoretical.
Criteria by Which Articles Are Evaluated
- Original article; not previously published as an article or blog
- Importance of subject to our readers
- Freshness and creativity
- Clarity and readability
- Development and depth
- Support and resources
- Convincing arguments
- Accuracy and validity
- Overall treatment of a subject
- Length: 2000 – 3000 words. If more than 3000, the article may be returned to you or edited in-house.
- When citing sources, use endnotes at the end of the article, not footnotes at the bottom of pages.
How to Submit Your Article
- Send an email with this subject line: EMQ article submission – (Your last name) (your first initial). Sample: EMQ article submission – Smith J
- Attach your article as a Word document, including a two to three sentence bio at the end.
- Authors may submit an image or graphic related/appropriate to the topic. If interested, request specs at email below.
- If your article includes a chart or graph, please send it as a separate file (jpeg).
- Send to: EMQ@MissioNexus.org
Download EMQ Writer Guidelines for submitting an article.