The Vice President of Operations/COO is responsible for God-focused leadership to serve as second to the President in WorldVenture and leads the Global Operations Team (GO Team). Serving in this capacity, the VPO/COO helps free the President and other members of the GO Team to give attention to external constituencies and responsibilities. The VPO/COO provides direct leadership to “running the engine room” of WorldVenture’s Operations by implementing operational details to support organizational strategies, resolving process challenges, and achieving a reputation for partner service excellence in supporting and extending Global Initiatives and Partner Ministries strategies. The right candidate will excel in an environment where they can manage multiple people and projects while overseeing workflows and systems with the larger vision and mission of WorldVenture in view. The VPO/COO must be deeply grounded in their faith in Christ and motivated by a deep commitment to the Great Commission and to WorldVenture’s role in achieving its mission and vision. This position is based in WorldVenture’s office in Englewood, Colorado.
· Aligned to our WorldVenture beliefs and ethos, the VPO/COO will bring a cohesive leadership presence in WorldVenture’s leadership that both reduces the internal gaps between teams and systems and releases his/her GO Team colleagues for greater external focus and impact.
· Aligned to our WorldVenture beliefs and strategies, the VPO/COO will lead the Operations of WorldVenture to an expediting presence of administrative support and compliances advancing the Cause (vision, mission, strategies) and the Community (collegial and partnership relationships) of WorldVenture.
· Co-develop with the President and the GO Team a close working relationship (theologically, missiologically, and organizationally) in the accomplishment of WorldVenture’s mission and vision while ensuring the operational readiness of the Operations Division through leading staff in services vital to WorldVenture’s corporate purposes and objectives.
· Champion the relational development and refinement of systems and infrastructure services that cultivate and support healthy, long-term organizational dynamics of WorldVenture personnel and partners via oversight of:
o Global Human Resources
o Finances and Business Operations
o Legal Matters
o Organizational Messaging & Communications
o Facilities Management
· Develop and monitor annual organizational financial budgeting for the accomplishment of strategic plans and accompanying services.
· Ensure the stewardship stories of WorldVenture through leading the GO Team in establishing and reporting on the qualitative and quantitative organizational and divisional metrics in the WorldVenture narrative of gospel impact.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Is known as a “business-minded and ministry-motivated” leader with a good track record for organizational solutions to opportunities and challenges
· Self-driven and motivated by goals and can work independently to achieve and set priorities
Collaborates effectively with peers to achieve desired outcomes
Demonstrates experience in planning, leading, and managing operational teams and organizational initiatives
· Has a working knowledge of integrating a ministry strategy for a large nonprofit
· Highly trustworthy and can maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality with sensitive information
· Has experience and credibility when presenting materials to external audiences and can listen to and understand the needs and interests of individual constituencies in order to develop relationships between them and WorldVenture
· Able and willing to travel and work flexible hours as necessary
· The VPO/COO is able to listen well, comprehend the organizational, team, and personnel needs and challenges while also communicating truth with love and compassion. This skill flows from a high value and personal practice for teamwork and collaboration for healthy interpersonal relationships.
· The VPO/COO is solution-oriented with innate and learned problem-solving skills who empowers colleagues with perspective and tools to implement solutions.
· The VPO/COO is passionate about people development knowing that systems and processes serve and support people in their capacities to serve Jesus with and through WorldVenture.
· The VPO/COO is able to grasp the big picture of organizational matters while also able to think in the details of organizational implementation and communicate for understanding accordingly.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com