Today there are nearly 3 billion people in the world with little to no access to the gospel. SEND International is a globally recognized ministry with nearly 500 missionaries from around the world engaging the unreached. As we seek to mobilize the next generation of church planters passionate about the Great Commission, a key leadership opportunity is available in the SEND US office in metro-Detroit.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) serves as ‘second-in-command’ and works in partnership with the SEND US CEO and Executive Team to successfully translate the CEO’s vision into actionable strategies and plans for mission delivery, growth, and innovation.
The COO will lead our strategic planning process and enjoy bringing clarity, unity and synergy cross-functionally to accomplish our goals. This includes assessing systems, workflows and practices for operating efficiencies, building a culture of continuous improvement, and identifying key performance measures to help achieve our goals.
In this position, the COO will be responsible for daily operations, but also provides leadership, and guidance for our US office staff serving as the primary connecting point between departments.
As we enter a season of growth and expansion of our mission, the COO will bring strategies to scale our operations, ensure a healthy organizational culture, and monitor our progress along the way.
Ministry Responsibilities Include:
· Work directly with the SEND US CEO to implement vision and assist in creating strategies to move our sending office towards our desired future.
· Lead monthly staff meetings and serve as primary connecting point between departments.
· Serve as ‘second-in-command’ and has day-to-day decision-making authority over matters brought to his/her attention by the Directors, thus permitting the CEO to focus on external affairs including church engagement and fundraising.
· Lead the strategic planning process and assist in the execution of strategic priorities across departments.
· Assist the Executive Team in developing key performance indicators and providing measurable outcomes that advance our mission.
· Seek continuous improvement in systems, processes and functions across departments and across affiliate offices where possible and valuable.
· Communicate strategic outcomes to CEO, Executive Team, Board of Directors and staff.
· US Office: Develops positive interpersonal relations and communicates and motivates cross-functionally to drive organizational growth and impact
· SEND International: Successfully develop and nurture relationships with International Office staff including Functional Leaders, Regional Directors and Sending Offices outside of US.
Operations & Administration
· Oversee and manage contracted IT/IS vendor ensuring effective delivery of IT/IS statement of work.
· Management and administration of compliance and legal matters to protect and maintain our 501(c)(3) nonprofit and religious status.
· Oversee and manage HR functions and staff, building towards a flourishing culture of employee engagement and talent development in the US Office.
· Oversee and manage facilities and maintenance including lease agreements, working with property owner, managing volunteers, service contracts, and any day-to-day facilities issues.
· Oversee and manage the search and relocation process of the US Office.
Interested candidates can request a full Opportunity Profile and submit their resume along with salary history by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com