Website Katalyst World Partners
Accelerating the global church through sustainable strategies.
Vacancy Name: Online Curriculum Developer
Work Location: Home Office
FTE: 1.0 FTE (Full-time)
Katalyst World Partners (KATALYST) is a community of Jesus-followers who long to see disciples of Christ in every nation. To this end, in partnership with like-minded disciple-making ministries around the world, we seek to extend their reach and magnify their impact. By focusing on sustainable catalysts such as: Education, Agriculture, Midwifery and Entrepreneurship, we provide physical and spiritual hope in Jesus’ name.
King’s College is a two-year learning opportunity for young men and women, aged 16-17, to continue their education while being intentionally discipled. Since 2000, King’s College has been successfully training young people in Grades 11 and 12 in our residential school located in Hyderabad, India. While continuing to operate the school locally, we are now expanding King’s College by establishing extension campuses in partnership with local churches throughout India. At KCX (King’s College Extension), we will combine online courses with a live teacher, taking advantage of quality digital resources with in-person teaching to mentor, tutor and disciple students.
Online Curriculum Developer
Reporting initially to the Executive Director, the Online Curriculum Developer is responsible to adapt the existing curriculum developed by King’s College into a Learning Management System (LMS) so that it can be used remotely by King’s College Extension students.
Key Job Functions
- While collaborating with faculty, create learning materials based on existing curriculum, that students can utilize in online and a blended learning environment
- Develop digital evaluations and deliverables such as quizzes and assignments
- Set up a grade book and discussion areas
- Curate, design and/or create learning content to supplement lessons, such as instructional videos, slideshows, learning exercises, etc.
- Support subject matter experts in the design and creation of learning materials and maintenance processes
- Periodically monitor the quality of courses hosted on the LMS with reviews of course status and coordination to eliminate duplication, conflicting or redundant content
- Identify and communicate opportunities for process and quality improvements and provide feedback on usage, issues; suggest enhancements
- Support ongoing development and maintenance of online curriculum
- Collaborate with LMS Specialist for effective delivery of course materials
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content
- Maintain up to date best practices with current and most effective learning strategies
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of KATALYST
- Be a servant leader, balancing expertise with humility
- Education: A bachelor’s degree, preferably related to education or business; with 1-2 years of experience writing curriculum or providing support related to online course design or educational technology
- Excellent knowledge of technology required to enable effective online, leader-led, virtual learning experiences
- Background in following subjects is an asset: Civics,
- Economics, Commerce, Hindi, English
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in MS Office and experience with LMS systems is preferred, along with the ability to quickly learn new programs and procedures
- Proficiency with project coordination and project management skills
- Strong and helpful customer service attitude, exercising tact, diplomacy and discretion when dealing with others
- Excellent organizational skills including setting priorities and meeting deadlines
- Ability to exercise initiative, good judgment and maintain confidentiality
- Able to work independently and strongly self-motivated
- Christian Faith: A growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth; show that you are a person of character and conviction
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, as well as good interpersonal skills
- Able to work remotely as part of a small-sized non-profit global organization
- Experience working with students and faculty is an asset and previous cross-cultural experience is beneficial
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for your interest, but only candidates being considered will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org