Website Global Outreach International
The Vice-President of Operations at Global Outreach International (GOI) supports the advancement and fulfillment of the organization’s mission and is an advocate for the missionaries, employees, donors, and board members who make up its “Great Missions Family”. The Vice-President of Operations serves as a key member of the organization’s Senior Leadership Team with responsibility to oversee and coordinate strategic processes that support the healthy operation and growth of the organization. This position holds primary oversight and management related to the organization’s operations including strategic planning, human resources, missionary care, missionary kids, and mobilization. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team the Vice-President of Operations defines and implements strategies, policies, and practices that improve the organization’s ability to achieve its mission while fostering cross-functional links among departments. The Vice-President of Operations reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is based out of GOI’s Home Office in Tupelo, MS but has a heavy emphasis on travel.
- Provides accountability for missionaries and their ministries.
- Develops policies and processes for the organization related to each operations department.
- Oversees the review process for budget approval and for amendment requests.
- Oversees compliance with missionary agreements related to other organizations, such as Memorandums of Understanding (MOU’s).
- Oversees planning and facilitation of Missionary Orientation and Training
- Establishes the Operations Department’s organizational structure, with appropriate provisions for succession planning, and modifies it as conditions warrant.
- Contributes to the formation of the organization’s budget and oversees the implementation of all the Operation’s Department budgets.
- Maintains and develops relationships with new and existing donors as directed by the CEO
- Develops and facilitates fundraising campaigns as needed to meet financial needs surrounding special projects or events, travel, and personal ministry needs.
- Maintains ongoing evaluation of current systems and procedures for operations management addressing deficiencies when necessary and implementing new procedures aimed towards increasing organizational consistency and sustainability.
- Executes tasks associated with managing staff assigned to Operations such as coordinating workload, assessing and managing performance, and managing professional development.
- Supervises the Director of Human Resources who is responsible for facilitating Human Resources processes in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, and compensation.
- Supervises the Director of Mobilization who is responsible for leading initiatives and managing processes that support the healthy growth of short-term missions, long-term career missionaries, and church partnerships.
- Supervises the Director of Missionary Care who is responsible for overseeing processes which engage missionaries, equip missionaries, support missionaries’ spiritual, emotional, and physical wellbeing, while serving as the point person for the Operations Team in dealing with situations of concern or crisis.
- Supervises the Director of Missionary Kids who is responsible for developing strategies that support the growth and development of services and support offered by the Missionary Kids department and who acts as a resource for missionaries and churches concerning issues facing third culture kids.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Engages with other Senior Leadership Team members to address high-level organization concerns and develop strategic plans for the organization.
- Ensures that the activities and operations of GOI are conducted in accordance with organization policies and in compliance with the bylaws, policies, mission, and goals established by the Board of Directors.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to assist with organizational issues related to organizational governance, community engagement, marketing and development, and fundraising as appropriate.
- Enhances organizational excellence by establishing operational benchmarks, timelines, and resources needed to achieve strategic goals, proactively recommending and driving improvements as necessary; sets standards for accountability and measurements of success.
- Maintains knowledge of existing and developing laws or regulations affecting the organization and assesses how changes may affect the organization in terms of risk exposure.
- Effectively communicates plans and priorities derived from the organization’s strategic plan by partnering with others in the organization to follow through with coordinated accountabilities, objectives, and associated budgets.
- Actively participates in fundraising by engaging current and prospective donors to share the mission and vision of GOI.
Leadership & Values
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with GOI’s Senior Leadership Team, employees, missionaries, and volunteers.
- Empowers employees to innovate, maximize productivity, ensure professional excellence, maintain high-quality standards, and promote teamwork.
- Promotes a culture of professional growth within GOI through coaching, mentoring, and professional development.
- Cultivates a strong, collaborative working relationship with other GOI team members in the Home Office and in the mission field
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to GOI’s Mission to exalt Christ and engage people in mission by proclaiming the Gospel, doing good, and equipping the Church.
- Demonstrates honesty, sincerity, humility and respect for individuals while modeling GOI’s Core Values.
- Shares agreement with GOI’s Statement of Beliefs.
- Demonstrates commitment to following the principles embodied within GOI’s corporate culture including ideals such as: maintaining a personal commitment to participate in a fellowship of believers, working through conflict in a biblical manner, encouraging direct and truthful communication, and striving to integrate our biblical beliefs into our daily lives, with our interactions with others, and into our decision making processes.
- Commitment to GOI’s mission to exalt Christ and engage people in mission by proclaiming the Gospel, doing good, and equipping the Church.
- Ability to engage GOI’s mission statement, exemplify GOI’s core values, identify with GOI’s statement of beliefs, and embrace GOI’s corporate culture.
- Experience working with senior-level stakeholders, both internal and external, to manage shared commitments in a non-profit environment.
- Significant related experience in strategic planning, business operations, financial management, and team development.
- Skill in communication with a demonstrated ability to represent GOI to a wide variety of individuals, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated expertise in supporting managers and cross organizational teams to accomplish strategic goals and objectives.
- Experience living internationally working in cross-cultural missional environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of missions work and the issues facing this endeavor.
- Experience with developing and assessing processes which aide in facilitating objectives.
- Experience in using office technologies and software to accomplish tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Meaningful experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree preferred.
This is a Full-time, FLSA Exempt, position.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including medical insurance, retirement plan, plus vacation, holiday and sick leave plans.
Salary is driven by competitive regional market factors with considerations for candidate’s education and experience.
Please use the link below to apply for this position. You will be asked to complete an assessment and be provided with a prompt to upload your resume.
If you have questions or need assistance please contact email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org