Website Ancient Promise
Ancient Promise Ministries
Job Title: Operations Director
Reports To: Executive Director / Board of Directors
Direct Reports: Finance Manager, Accountant, Program & Product Development Director, Donor Care Coordinator, Development Director, Office Manager, Communications Manager, Foreign Nationals Director, Out Reach Director
Who we are:
Ancient Promise is a faith-based, inter-denominational, discipleship training non-profit, dedicated to establishing and expanding the kingdom of Jesus Christ by equipping God’s people to discover Him, know Him, and serve Him. We have created a specialized set of training materials for pastoral development and have hosted discipleship training programs in three East African Nations, two North Africa Nations, and Mexico. We are hoping to expand training courses to India in the coming year. This role is intended for a full-time position. This position offers those with a heart for missions to impact international and domestic discipleship and pastoral training while still living in the United States.
What you will be doing
The Operations Director is a senior-level executive responsible for ensuring that Ancient Promise operates efficiently and effectively. You will coordinate the day-to-day activities of Ancient Promise Ministries, collaborate with the visionary team – International Director, Foreign National Director, and Outreach Director and you will support and give oversight and direction to the Development Director and the Program and Product Development Director as well as the Donor Care team to ensure that Ancient Promise is efficiently and effectively fulfilling its vision to make disciples both domestically and abroad.
You will develop and implement strategies that will improve the AP operations and identify areas in which the organization can improve the day-to-day activities. Other responsibilities are:
● Oversee and maintain workspace as well as the facilities at the AP Home Office.
● Manage all legal matters and ensure that AP operates in compliance with relevant regulations.
● Discuss the strategies, fields, and values of Ancient Promise with other executives at the home office.
● Work closely with the Visionary team to build and follow a budget each fiscal year.
● Visit the national and international leadership in the field and assist them with practical program development and visionary strategies to strengthen and grow the fieldwork.
● Keep track of the Leadership and partner organizations in the field and ensure their needs are met.
● Work with the Finance team to oversee Ancient Promise’s finances and coordinate the volunteers’ activities at the finance department.
● Ensure the Donor Care coordinator receives and responds to donor inquiries and issues on time and provide assistance if needed.
● Work closely with the Office Manager and Program Logistics Manager to manage the organization’s calendar.
● Schedule meetings, manage agenda and lead the Home Office staff meetings.
● Develop and implement Ancient Promise’s Human Resources policies to ensure all jobs are dispatched adequately with appropriate personnel.
● Raise personal financial support
What we’re looking for from you:
The candidate must have strong leadership skills and abilities to develop and implement effective strategies to bring about improvements and positive change in the organization. You should be able to plan, run, and monitor the day-to-day activities of Ancient Promise Ministries.
A little about your background
● Human Resources background.
● Proficient in modern web applications and accounting software.
● Proven financial reporting and analytic skills with in-depth knowledge of accounting practices.
● Experience with Google Suite, Microsoft Office suite, DocuSign, and Adobe Acrobat.
A little about you:
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Strong problem-solving and sound decision-making skills.
● Commitment to the mission and core values of Ancient Promise Ministries
● Experience working with people of different cultures.
● Capable of working from 9-5, Monday-Friday.
● Able to travel to various mission fields.
● Available for occasional evening and weekend special events outside of the home office.
Why work for us
Some of the benefits you’ll enjoy as an employee include:
● Family-friendly work environment.
● Free training and professional development programs.
● Ancient Promise offers the opportunity to impact the kingdom of Jesus Christ at a global level while living in the US
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org