F. B. Meyer was pastor at Christ Church in London, England late in the 19th Century when Charles Spurgeon came to town. Spurgeon’s crowds at Metropolitan Tabernacle grew larger and larger.
- Unpacking the Interpretive Challanges of the "Contested Passages" on WomenThu Oct 21 2021
- Webinar: The Role of Mission Organizations in Missionary Well-BeingThu Oct 21 2021, 12:00pm EDT
- The Innovation Crises: Creating Disruptive Influence in the Ministry You LeadThu Oct 28 2021, 01:00pm EDT
- The Danger of Safety: How Our Love Affair with Safety Keeps Us from World Missions and What To Do About ItWed Nov 3 2021, 01:00pm EDT
- Peer 2 Peer for Marketing and Communications Staff: Maximizing Video and Photos to Tell your StoryThu Nov 4 2021, 02:00pm EDT
After serving as a church planter for over 22 years among the Hakka in Taiwan, I returned to the US and my home church, Chinese Bible Church of Maryland (CBCM) in 2001.
In Dr. Bobby Clinton’s study of 3,500 leaders for Christ, it was found that only one-third of leaders finished well.
MAY 23, THE DAY OF PENTECOST, IS ALSO THE INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE UNREACHED; “A THIRD OF US” WILL LAUNCH THE 1:11 PRAYER CHALLENGE DURING A FACEBOOK LIVE EVENT
The hope you need is not in a vaccine, “back to normal” church, or anything visible — it’s in the presence of Jesus risen! The people you care for and lead are desperate for this hope today.
The teaching to “believe and do” typically ends in dead religion. There is so much more to life in God’s world! Jesus leads us on a journey of becoming fully alive. He is our model, our Living Blueprint. He is also the fuel for our journey.
By Greg Carter
Many Bible students miss the importance of Jesus’ solitude and silence. Every pastor, ministry leader, missionary, and caregiver — any disciple of Jesus! — needs to learn from Jesus’ example of intimacy with God. I don’t want to miss this! So I went back to the Gospel of Mark and did a Bible study on Jesus’ solitude and silence.
What do you do with your anxieties in the coronavirus pandemic? How are you dealing with the fear of catching COVID-19?
Do you struggle with fear, anxiety, or worry? Many people I talk to do. For years I suffered from anxiety. But not anymore!