Website Serge Global Inc. d.b.a. World Harvest Mission
Serge is a non-profit, mission-sending agency dedicated to sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ and bringing positive transformation to communities worldwide. We’re seeking a part-time Office Assistant to join the Operations department in the home office. This department helps ensure our sustainability and support the overall cohesiveness, function, and collaboration of all our home office departments. The Office Assistant will perform administrative functions for home office operations related to facilities, supplies, customer service, and hospitality. Part-time hours are 20 per week with paid leave and pension benefits. If you have a passion to advance the Gospel and the expertise for this key role, we invite you to apply. Qualified applicants will have experience in administration, computer systems and software, data entry, and hospitality.
● Provides and directs front desk communications via phone, mail, fax, email, in person, and online.
● Performs basic data entry and maintenance.
● Maintains and oversees front desk, lobby, mailroom, and storage areas.
● Coordinates incoming and outgoing mail/packages and maintains effective vendor relations.
● Oversees servicing of office equipment and controls/monitors office supply inventory, including inventory of general Serge print materials and banners used at conferences/events.
● Assists with office renovations/repairs; serves as liaison between property manager, facilities, and employees.
● Schedules and coordinates housing for onsite visits of overseas staff; arranges childcare staffing as needed.
● Supports home office events by planning/executing meals, coordinating volunteers, and securing rental
venues as needed.
● A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and genuine desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment, applying one’s knowledge, skills, and abilities to advance the Gospel.
● Demonstrates commitment to Serge Vision, Mission and Values.
● Exhibits grace and exercises discretion in all interactions and possesses strong interpersonal skills with an
ability to engage, support, and communicate effectively.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
● Two to three years experience in administration.
● Proficient with MS and MAC OS, web browsers, Google products and other web-based software.
● Demonstrates high-level interpersonal skills in handling sensitive and confidential situations and building and
maintaining effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
● Excellent time management skills, solid organizational techniques, and high attention to detail.
● Ability to multitask, change priorities, and meet deadlines in a static environment.
To Apply, send resume and cover letter with salary requirement to Anita Wessner at HR@serge.org. For more information about our mission agency, visit www.serge.org.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@serge.org