The Vice President of Global Engagement is responsible to provide overall vision, leadership, initiative, and strategy for all East-West ministry locations.
Reports to: Executive Vice President of Field Ministries
Areas of Responsibility
- Provide direction to and management of Assistant VPs of Global Engagement in pursuit of EW Missional goals
- Ensure annual field self-audits are completed with reports submitted to the VP of Global Engagement for review with the EVP of Field Ministries
- Ensure annual assessments are conducted on field CPM initiatives and the health of churches planted
- Visit at least two to four fields a year
- Provide leadership to the annual field budget process and the application of the approved budget
- Participate in relevant field and leadership meetings as requested
- Participate in all Field Leadership Team meetings
- Provide leadership and planning for Field Ministry Conferences and/or Regional Ministry Conferences
- Develop and maintain a network of personal support
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to raise and maintain personal support as this is a fully support-raised position
- Ability to travel overseas at least 4-6 weeks a year
- 5-10 years of ministry/nonprofit experience required
- Previous experience in a significant leadership role
- Lived and ministered on an overseas field
- Understands the philosophy and culture of EWMI well
- Experienced as a leader of missionaries
The vision of East-West is to glorify God by multiplying followers of Jesus in the spiritually darkest areas of the world. We aim to mobilize the Body of Christ to evangelize the lost and equip local believers to multiply disciples and healthy churches among unreached peoples and/or in restricted access communities.
As East-West seeks to multiply the Kingdom of God throughout the world, we are committed to a set of core values that influence our decisions and behaviors in pursuit of our mission- creating our unique culture and guiding principles:
- Passion for Jesus
- Passion for grace
- Passion for the spiritually darkest places
- Passion for bold action
East-West Employee Culture
Our team members are passionate about Jesus, grace, bold action and taking the gospel to the spiritually darkest places. We have one consuming passion—to make God known among every nation, every tribe, every tongue, and every people. We strive to uphold standards of behavior, which include having integrity; being trustworthy; being theologically aligned; having a healthy work/life balance; caring for others; having a servant spirit; having competency in difficult conversations; being results oriented; and being diligent, respectful, and humble.
All East-West Ministries International employees will maintain a firm commitment to East-West’s vision, mission, values, Statement of Faith and beliefs as well as display a growing and mature faith in Jesus Christ.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org