Director of Global and Local Partnerships
Website Woodside Bible Church
The Director of Global and Local Partnerships is a member of Woodside’s Missions Team and serves under the direction of the Executive Pastor of Missions. The role is designed to support the vision, mission and purpose of Woodside by leading and developing Woodside’s local, regional and global partnerships that are integral to our vision of bringing the hope and message of Jesus to a world in need.
- Must meet leadership qualifications stated in the Woodside Bible Church bylaws and be experienced in the leadership of others to accomplish a common purpose.
- At least five (5) years of leadership experience in various areas of ministry within a church or global missions organization, with an understanding of church planting movement and community development.
- Experience and aptitude for building, sustaining and leading teams.
- Ability to plan and manage details for various projects at the same time.
- Demonstrates a dependence on God, humility, and models personal integrity.
- Values people from a wide spectrum of socio-economic/ethnic backgrounds and helps others do the same.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Global Partnerships: Develop and create healthy relationships with Woodside’s global partners while providing coordination and financial accountability for programs we support.
- Church Planting, Evangelism, Translation & Biblical Training: Responsible for establishing MOUs, identifying the partner priorities for annual support of evangelism, biblical training, and church planting initiatives. Provide ongoing relationship, financial accountability, and reporting of the partner’s supported programs.
- Compassion Outreach & Economic Development: Responsible to work with Woodside’s global partners to establish MOUs, identify the priorities for compassion outreach, emergency response and economic development initiatives that will be included as a part of partnership. With the partner, create opportunities for Woodside to engage (financially and personally) with these projects. Provide ongoing financial accountability and reporting of the partner’s programs.
- Short-term Mission Teams: Work in partnership with Woodside’s global partners and STM team leadership to develop opportunities to support their ministry through STM teams.
- Ability to travel internationally 2-3 times each year to meet with Woodside’s partners to build relationships with the global partners and provide ministry updates.
Child Sponsorship: Responsible to oversee Woodside’s child sponsorship program which includes promotion, management of the financials and communications between the field and donors. Assist the field leaders with the development and accountability of their child sponsorship programs.
Local Partnerships: Develop and create healthy relationships with Woodside’s local partners while providing coordination and financial accountability for programs we support.
- Provide oversight, accountability and build relationships with local partner organizations and activities (development, relief, emergency response, Sanctity of Life, human trafficking, etc.).
- Working together with the Pastor of Mobilization, assist with the planning and execution of the local serve events with the goal of connecting campuses and Life Groups with Woodside’s local partners.
- Work in partnership with the Executive Director of the Dream Center of Michigan to connect and promote volunteerism of the DCOM with campuses and Life Groups.
Campus Connection: Work alongside Campus Pastors and their staff to develop strategic relationships for connecting campuses with Woodside’s local and global partners. Our desire is that each campus will make a connection with at least one or more global partners.
Communications: Provide ongoing updates with the progress of the programs and people that are a part of the position’s responsibility with the goal of keeping the church family informed as to how God is working through Woodside’s local and global partners.
- Strong leader: Spiritually gifted in leadership, discernment, shepherding, with strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build, lead and maintain relationships with volunteers, staff, global and local partners, while building a culture of trust, facilitating cross-cultural relationships, and understanding team dynamics.
- Influencer and motivator: Ability to cast vision and inspire people around Woodside’s outreach vision and strategy to bring the hope of Jesus to our neighborhoods, cities, and the world.
- Personality: A personable demeanor and engaging personality; outgoing, relational, and positive.
- High capacity: Self-motivated; systematic; works well corporately and independently. Strong project management and leadership skills, with a proven ability to influence people and build consensus among all levels of the organization. Ability to problem solve complex issues. Adaptability to change – able to navigate uncertainty, work independently and able to balance taking direction.
- Process development: Ability to establish and implement processes for managing complex programs.
- Spiritual Leadership: Demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus with the ability to disciple and encourage others. Maintains a teachable spirit and is confident in Christ but is aware of weaknesses and brokenness. Committed to living out their faith in community with others and serving at their campus.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com