Website Avant Ministries
Purpose: The role of the Digital Media Specialist is intended to grow Avant’s brand identity and effectively tell its story so that an increasing number of people become meaningfully engaged in the missional experience of the organization. This role requires a high level of creativity, an emphasis on quality graphic design, and attention to detail. They will work with the communications team to create high quality visuals and engaging content that is optimized for websites, social media, and print.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Design marketing assets and materials aligned with Avant branding and strategy for print and digital applications
• Build Avant’s brand identity through creative and engaging visuals
• Grow our digital presence through managing, writing, and designing multi-channel content, including but not limited to social media, blogs, newsletters, magazine, infographics, video, etc.
• Optimize web pages and content with a balance of creative design and SEO tools to improve ranking and visibility
• Suggest, influence, and implement a variety of marketing campaigns and communications team projects.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
• Participate in daily prayer time for our missionaries; attend monthly chapel.
• Sign Avant Ministries Doctrinal Statement, testifying you adhere to this doctrinal position.
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, digital media, or related degree.
• Three to five years of prior experience in a similar role
• Proficient ability and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud tools (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), social media applications (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, MailChimp or equivalent etc.) and Microsoft Office.
• Familiarity with paid social media platforms, web analytic tools and SEO
• Knowledge of web design and content management systems
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
• Ability to produce high-quality work on deadline while maintaining good relations with colleagues.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk, hear, use their hands and fingers to operate office machinery, is often required to sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org