Classification: Full Time, Monday-Friday, 40hrs/week FSLA Overtime Classification: Exempt from overtime
The Short Term Coordinator manages all aspects of the Africa Inland Mission (AIM) US short-term mission program as outlined below.
· In collaboration with the AIM International Short Term Program Director and receiving region personnel, find, create, and encourage short-term mission opportunities within the various AIM ministries.
· Ensure the AIM Short Term program aligns with the vision and objectives of AIM’s International Short Term Program, the policies of AIM US, and the seven short-term mission Standards of Excellence.
· Keep AIM US Mobilization Coordinator apprised of short-term opportunities and urgent field needs.
Work with Communications Department and Mobilization Coordinator to create a short-term program marketing focus and media plan for each recruiting season.
· Ensure the timely and thorough review of applications and references
· Interview all candidates as part of the appointment process.
· Bring recommendations for qualified candidates to the Personnel Officers Committee for appointment.
· Make the final decision on the acceptance of short-term candidates into AIM membership.
Develop relevant short-term mission training content and manage online, print and live delivery methods.
Keep up on mission trends and issues and how they may affect the AIM short-term mission program.
· Research and confirm mission placements with receiving regional personnel and short- term members.
· In collaboration with receiving regions, establish budgets for each assignment
· Provide Partnership Development training and support.
· Ensure all logistical needs are met, (flights, visa and immunizations) and all required paperwork has been received.
· Ensure debrief interviews are conducted and challenge fruitful returnees to consider long-term opportunities within the mission.
· Provide compassionate and timely member care as needed, paying special attention to emergency or traumatic incidents.
Systems and Administration
· Update and maintain workflows and appointee checklists in the AIM Member Management Platform (MMP)
· Ensure the short-term member data in the US Member Database (MPS) is accurate and updated in a timely manner.
· Revise and update US MR Short term policies and procedures as needed.
· Serve as a member of the AIM US Personnel Officers Committee and participate in the AIM International Personnel Officers Community of Practice meetings.
· Participate in all required office activities such as daily prayer times, Day of Prayer, quarterly staff meetings, and weekly department meetings.
· Provide training and direction for the AIM US Short Term Assistant
· Other duties as directed by the Candidate Director.
· Work with AIM University Partners to provide short-term internship opportunities for their students that meet university and AIM requirements.
· Provide on-field and diaspora mission experiences for the students of our mission training organization partners.
· Understand and enjoy working with young adults
· Strong communication skills
· Mentoring and/or coaching skills
· Strong organization skills
· Collaborate well with others
· Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
· Understand God’s global purpose for missions
· Previous short or full term mission experience preferred
Directly Reports to: Candidate Director
Direct Report: Short Term Assistant
Interested candidates should send a resume to Tim Reber at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org