5 Major Issues for Global Mission that Need Innovation

• 5 Major Issues for Global Mission that Need Innovation

Posted by Ted on July 12, 2023 at 12:55 pm

I just posted to my substack the primary topics that global missions will be dealing with over the next decade.

Each of these topics needs concerted innovation. Here is one pull-out quote from the conclusion: “These challenges will take innovation and there are precious few ministries that have successfully transitioned their primary paradigm to something new.”

Check it out here: The Next Ten Years – by Ted Esler – TedQuarters (substack.com)

Feel free to comment!

Ted replied 11 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Jon Hirst

July 13, 2023 at 11:30 am

Ted, one of the areas that I am most intrigued about relates to point you made about an aging planet. I think we need to do a lot of thinking about what evangelism and discipleship look like with people 60+ … especially when whole towns or communities are made up of a majority 60+

• Ted

Organizer
      July 14, 2023 at 11:17 am

Jon, this one will be big. Working with people over 60 is a huge opportunity for the church. Who in the missions community is setting the pace on this for the rest of us? It would be a compelling session to have somebody present on this.

• Jon Hirst

August 4, 2023 at 3:50 pm

Yes, do you see any orgs doing this well yet?

• Ted

Organizer
          August 4, 2023 at 3:52 pm

I am not aware of a single mission agency that even has a program for older populations. I suppose the most likely candidates would be found in Korea where the birth rate is .7 and they are facing this issue before many others.