Oden makes a plea for a growing generation of young African scholars to discover their heritage, to recover the spiritual and intellectual roots of Christian thought formed by early African Christianity.
- Evangelical Views on Women in Ministry & Marriage: Differences in Interpretation, Not InspirationFri May 20, 2022, 04:00 PM PDT
- Webinar: An Introduction to the Theology and Practice of Cross-Cultural RiskThu May 26 2022, 12:00pm EDT
- Pocket Guide to Being a Missions Pastor: 5 Things Every Missions Pastor Needs to KnowWed Jun 1 2022, 01:00pm EDT
- From Harlem to the World - the Local Church Mobilized for Global MissionsWed Aug 3 2022, 01:00pm EDT
- Innovation Leaders DiscussionMon Aug 8 2022, 01:00pm EDT
Four constant values have reliably guided the evangelical movement’s practice of mission: compulsion, courage, certainty, and clarity.
Third in a series of books by Twelftree on exorcism.
In reading Leanne Dzubinski’s “Contrasting Worldviews and Their Implications for Missions in Spain” (January 2008), I am impressed with the parallels between issues regarding flexibility and adaptation for effectiveness in missions in Spain and similar principles of contextualizing of a messenger in any North African or Middle Eastern context.
A collection of instructive essays and case studies.
Coming up with models for funding parachurch organizations that work in Eurasian cultures will take creativity, hard work, and failed attempts.
This book is based on the life and ministry of Syrian novelist Mazhar Mallouhi, a self-proclaimed “Sufi Muslim follower of Christ.”
It is time mission leaders rethink how they help missionaries develop. Coaching is one answer to effectively developing missionaries on the field.
Wickeri’s biography of Bishop K.H. Ting combines research in Chinese and English, close reading of Ting’s extensive writing, and several personal interviews with Bishop Ting.
While Christian counseling has grown in North America, this is not the case in other parts of the world. Bowen discusses field-based training for nationals in Christian counseling today.