While Christian counseling has grown in North America, this is not the case in other parts of the world. Bowen discusses field-based training for nationals in Christian counseling today.
- CEO Thought Leader Briefing: Marketplace Ministry Strategies, a Leader's PerspectiveWed May 19 2021, 02:00pm EDT
- Podcasting 101 for Missions and MinistriesTue May 25 2021, 01:00pm EDT
- Webinar: Principles for Building and Leading a Culturally Diverse TeamThu May 27 2021, 02:00pm EDT
- Mission Agency ConsultationWed Jun 2 2021
- Apostolic Imagination: Recovering a Biblical Vision for the Church’s Mission TodayWed Jun 2 2021, 01:00pm EDT
In this book, Carter advances the thesis that we must move from a Christendom to a post-Christendom way of thinking about the Christ and culture problem.
Speaking from experience, the author shares how missionaries and leaders can identify burnout—and offers five steps to recovery.
Christopher E. M. Wigram’s book expands our knowledge of Taylor by analyzing the way he used the Bible for doing missions.
Five ways to discern when a missionary assignment is coming to an end.
This book explores for contemporary academics the challenge posed a quarter of a century earlier by Charles Malik: recapturing the great universities for Jesus Christ can and must be done through scholars who live out an integrated focus on the two tasks of saving the soul and the mind.
Aside from the discipling/mentoring aspect, there are at least four arenas in which a proper understanding of patronage will have an impact on the effectiveness of missionary service.
Tim Tennent’s book asks, “What can the worldwide Church learn from the theological reflection going on in the Majority World Church, reflection which has largely been ignored in Western theological circles?”
Exploring the regions beyond simply successful church planting and explaining how church planting can rise to become great in nature.
Written by practitioners, teachers, and theologians, this book offers hope for children through establishing a biblical framework that counteracts the secular devaluing of children.