TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) has long been touted as an ideal profession for those who wish to proclaim the gospel in both open and closed countries (e.g., Baurain 1992).
- 24: Creating Pathways (and Reducing Barriers) for Women in Organizational Leadership: Seeing Men and Women Flourish as They Work TogetherMon Jun 17 2019, 12:00pm EDT - Tue Jun 18 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- LeaderSHIFTs: Pursuing a Culture of Shared Leadership between Men and WomenMon Sep 16 2019, 12:00pm EDT - Tue Sep 17 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- Mission Leaders Conference 2019Thu Sep 19 2019, 2:00pm EDT - Sat Sep 21 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- Women's Development WeekSat Sep 28 2019 - Sat Oct 5 2019
- Women's Development WeekSun Oct 20 2019 - Sat Oct 26 2019
We all have pictures of the past indelibly printed on our minds. Sometimes we wish we could simply forget those images. Other times we’re thankful we can’t.
One of the greatest challenges for today’s mission is the former Soviet Union, also known as the Commonwealth of Independent States (C.I.S.). After 70 years of religious restriction, the open promotion of the gospel has been allowed again.
Have we failed to reach Muslims at their point of deepest insecurity?
Experiences with changing missionary strategies.
Marshall was a fellow soldier who liked to boss people around. Because I outranked him by a few weeks, he informed me that he hated me. I avoided him after that.
Last time we considered three controversial issues: (1) Are we winning or losing? (2) How believable is the A.D. 2000 movement? (3) Why not let the nationals do it? We concluded:
Within the last 18 months three missionaries have been taken hostage in Panama, Colombia one in the Philippines, and one in Cambodia.