Reply To: Spirituality of Innovation Discussion

• Nate Scholz

July 19, 2023 at 7:38 pm

Here’s my train of thought about it.

The business world has discovered a bunch of empirical thruths, and they develop them into ISOs that are geared for their use with specialized terminology.

To my mind, if anything is considered empirical, it must be God ordained. Therefore, God must have arranged for its existence for the purpose of bringing him glory or expanding his kingdom. It doesn’t belong to the business world. They just had the marketing or R&D budget to discover it.

We in ministry have been paying attention and so we work to adopt the philosophies to further the kingdom, but we don’t really do much to interpolate the concepts back into the original spiritual context that God may have intended.

Rather than thinking of these tools as neutral, might we instead consider them inherently advantageous? If so, how might we more intentionally re-appropriate the concepts in our own terminology? What role does spiritual discernment play in our innovation principles?

I’m sure that many of you are way ahead of me in this thinking. Has anyone had any success at spiritually innovating innovation?