As an executive assistant, you may look like you have superpowers. You may feel like you need them too! Your daily job requires an extensive set of skills, and includes anticipating your leader’s needs, following-up with assigned tasks and communication, helping to prioritize demands, and managing important projects’ and events’ schedules. “Packing a Parachute…” is an opportunity to broaden your perspective and be refreshed in your position. Gain new insights and learn about tools to take back to your office. Collaborate with like-minded assistants and be encouraged and refreshed in the significance of your role. Through teaching and group interactions, you will have opportunities to:
- Explore the importance of your role using the analogy of a “parachute packer.” The work of parachute packers is behind the scenes, often tedious, and critically important.
- Be reminded of the incredible strength of the partnership between an assistant and a leader.
- Learn about tools that will help you either get started or discover some new fresh ideas to bring to your partnership.
- Gain insight and understanding of how God views your role as an assistant and its significant value in the Body of Christ.
- Broaden your perspective on your powerful role as “armor bearer,” and the cascading impact of your support and encouragement of your leader on the organization or ministry you serve.
- Increase the effectiveness of your communication with fresh insights and interactive activities.
- Encourage and be encouraged in conversation and community with other administrative professionals.
This event is open to Executive Assistants in mission organizations, ministries, and churches.
Included with Registration
Meals and single occupancy lodging are included in registration. Double occupancy is also available upon request. Transportation to and from the airport is not included in registration. Rideshare is recommended for those not wanting to rent a car.
$425 for Members $550 for Non-members
If you must cancel for any reason, a $25 cancellation fee will be assessed up to 30 days prior to the event. After which, there is no refund available however you may substitute someone from your organization.
Karyn Hawkins brings nearly 35 years of experience and a passion for the partnership between assistants and leaders to her work. She served as the assistant to the North American Director of Youth With A Mission for 18 years. She pioneered and organized an annual Mission CEO’s Assistant Retreat for nine years. Karen takes every opportunity to teach in workshops on being an assistant to a ministry leader. She wrote a book, Assistants and Leaders, Building Effective Ministry Partnerships. She is a single mom with two married children, and Nana to her two awesome grandkids and their spouses! She lives close to her family in Salem, Oregon.