THE EVANGELICAL Medical Center is an intermission medical project in northeast Congo with spiritual objectives implemented by medical means.
- Peer 2 Peer CEO Virtual Edition - 2nd DayWed Apr 8 2020, 01:00pm EDT - 03:00pm EDT
- Webinar: TECHnically Connected: navigating distance on virtual teamsThu Apr 9 2020, 02:00pm EDT - 03:15pm EDT
- Peer 2 Peer CEO Virtual Edition - 3rd DayWed Apr 15 2020, 01:00pm EDT - 03:00pm EDT
- Peer 2 Peer CEO Virtual Edition - 4th DayWed Apr 22 2020, 01:00pm EDT - 03:00pm EDT
- Peer 2 Peer CEO Virtual Edition - 5th DayWed Apr 29 2020, 01:00pm EDT - 03:00pm EDT
For over a hundred years Christian mission has been understood to be very largely proclamation. A major board has declared that “the supreme and controlling purpose of the Christian mission to the world is to proclaim Christ as divine and only Saviour,” and this declaration is typical of those made by scores of missionary societies.
A LETTER arrived at our publisher’s the other day that really hurt. It hurt us, it weakened the Body of Christ, it diminished our knowledge of the truth.
The churches in Asia have shown a disappointing lack of interest in Christian theology. A consultation of the East Asia Christian Conference admitted, “The Asian Churches, so far, and in large measure, have not taken their theological task seriously enough, for they have been largely content to accept the ready-made answers of Western theology or confessions.”1
Under GOD the Christian college movement has been growing. Whether it be a Christian liberal arts college or a Bible college, it is considered as a source of potential leaders in Christian activities and careers. It is an institution preparing young people for Christian life and service.
During the past four years the Interdenominational Foreign Mission Association has exhibited an active interest in the subject of closer cooperation between evangelical missions, including mission amalgamation.
The amalgamation of the International Christian Fellowship, formerly Ceylon and India General Mission, with the Poona and Indian Village Mission, took effect on July 1, 1968. This was the culmination of thoughtful consultation and prayer during the many preceding months.