A veteran missionary asks, “How much does the cross enter into the thinking of short-term missionaries?” and discusses four kinds of misunderstandings common to STMs.
- Webinar: Four Global Trends Affecting World MissionThu Mar 21 2019, 02:00 pm EDT - 03:15 pm EDT
- 24: Creating Pathways (and Reducing Barriers) for Women in Organizational Leadership: Seeing Men and Women Flourish as They Work TogetherFri Mar 29 2019, 12:00pm PDT - Sat Mar 30 2019, 12:00pm PDT
- Canadian Mission Leader ConnectionThu Apr 4 2019, 10:00am EDT - 2:00pm EDT
- Peer2Peer - CEOsTue Apr 9 2019, 5:30pm EDT - Thu Apr 11 2019, 4:00pm EDT
- Webinar: Jesus in the Secular World #1: Understanding Global SecularizationThu Apr 18 2019, 02:00 pm EDT - 03:15 pm EDT
Based on three years of participant observation and interviews, Smilde explores the reasons why some men in Latin American convert to evangelicalism and others don’t given similar backgrounds and opportunities to hear the gospel.
Eight questions illuminate how church planters from a variety of backgrounds and ministries can agree on contextual strategies.
This takes Western Christians into the lives of Christians and Muslim Background Believers (MBBs) in the Middle East.
A biblical understanding of dreams can facilitate a contextual approach to reaching Muslims (and those of other faiths) with the gospel.
In this book, Allan Anderson seeks to identify the essential characteristics that produced the unprecedented worldwide growth of Pentecostalism by analyzing its origins.
Transitioning to a new field is often emotionally difficult for a missionary. Irvin offers three strategies for improving the outcome of such situations.
Schwartz writes from field experience and more than twenty years of doing seminars on “dependency.”
To most effectively deal with the changing culture and worldview, ministries and mission agencies must join hands and share services whenever possible.
A survey of 250 college-aged students reveals the real reasons why fewer young people are going into long-term mission work.