Entering a new culture is a critical stage in missionary life. How well a missionary learns to function and communicate within his target culture will determine the effectiveness of his ministry to those people.
- Church and Agency Partnerships: Ingredients for Meaningful and Effective MinistryWed Aug 4 2021, 01:00pm EDT
- Pipeline Consultation on Candidate AssessmentThu Aug 5 2021, 02:00pm EDT
- Webinar: Member Care: Coming Attractions: Sunshine and StormThu Aug 12 2021, 12:00pm EDT
- Mobilizing the Next GenerationThu Aug 12 2021, 01:00pm EDT
- Webinar: Women in the Mission of the ChurchThu Aug 26 2021, 02:00pm EDT
We can’t impose our Western ideas of Christian faithfulness on Islamic culture. Rather, we must find ways to express our Christian integrity within Islamic culture.
Practical reasons for missionaries to cultivate a lifelong learning approach.
Reports from around the world.
Options for continuing education.
More than a decade has passed since you last sat in a classroom. Now you face furlough and study with considerable apprehension. You’re not alone. Fears about going back to school are understandable.
Ministry training does not have to take you out of ministry.
The hurdles discussed here reflect the thoughtful concerns of a number of mission agency leaders and missiologists, who frankly admitted to difficulties in our methods, practices, goals, tactics, and strategies.