What do we think about when we think of the safety of missionaries?
- Webinar: Peer 2 Peer for Marketing and
Communications Staff: Does Your Marketing Matter?Thu Jul 29 2021, 02:00pm EDT
- Church and Agency Partnerships: Ingredients for Meaningful and Effective MinistryWed Aug 4 2021, 01:00pm EDT
- Pipeline Consultation on Candidate AssessmentThu Aug 5 2021, 02:00pm EDT
- Webinar: Member Care: Coming Attractions: Sunshine and StormThu Aug 12 2021, 02:00pm EDT
- Webinar: Women in the Mission of the ChurchThu Aug 26 2021, 02:00pm EDT
As we look at the South African situation, our family has to think about some unpleasant possibilities, even though they are remote.
“Mass evangelism is obsolete!” Why? “Because it has always failed to produce solid growth. Public decisions seldom become responsible church members.” This is what we often hear. Is it true?
The people of God often get caught up in secular thinking with regard to frontiers. When both the north and south poles had been conquered, when the highest mountains had been climbed, and when the floor of the oceans had been charted, everyone turned toward space as a new frontier.
Recently the team concept has been emphasized in mission circles. Although most missions view themselves as a team and the concept of teamwork is not radical, a growing number of people are advocating a team approach with a new wrinkle.
Learning how to learn a language is one of the major components of the Agape intensive training that every new member attends before going to the field.
They are among the 1.7 million Americans, plus other English-speaking people, who live in foreign countries.