Last winter Africa was the scene of two events that in different ways are going to have a profound effect on missionaries.
- 24: Creating Pathways (and Reducing Barriers) for Women in Organizational Leadership: Seeing Men and Women Flourish as They Work TogetherMon Jun 17 2019, 12:00pm EDT - Tue Jun 18 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- LeaderSHIFTs: Pursuing a Culture of Shared Leadership between Men and WomenMon Sep 16 2019, 12:00pm EDT - Tue Sep 17 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- Mission Leaders Conference 2019Thu Sep 19 2019, 2:00pm EDT - Sat Sep 21 2019, 12:00pm EDT
- Women's Development WeekSat Sep 28 2019 - Sat Oct 5 2019
- Women's Development WeekSun Oct 20 2019 - Sat Oct 26 2019
Reports from around the world.
Missionaries are caught in the swirl of fast-changing church and mission movements around the world, many of which were brought to the fore at the fifth Assembly of the World Council of Churches.
Can local churches send missionaries directly to the field? This team of missionaries shows how it was done with careful planning, thorough preparation, and sacrificial giving.
Here is a novel idea for follow-up training that perhaps many missionaries have overlooked. It has been used with success in inner city work and is applicable in a wide variety of cultural situations.
Research in communications strategy has been a valuable asset to missionaries. This article is the fruit not only of theory but of application to the basics of missionary work. The author also grapples with the relationship of church growth theory to the principles of the spiritual decision-making process.