Last winter Africa was the scene of two events that in different ways are going to have a profound effect on missionaries.
- Webinar: Four Global Trends Affecting World MissionThu Mar 21 2019, 02:00 pm EDT - 03:15 pm EDT
- 24: Creating Pathways (and Reducing Barriers) for Women in Organizational Leadership: Seeing Men and Women Flourish as They Work TogetherFri Mar 29 2019, 12:00pm PDT - Sat Mar 30 2019, 12:00pm PDT
- Canadian Mission Leader ConnectionThu Apr 4 2019, 10:00am EDT - 2:00pm EDT
- Peer2Peer - CEOsTue Apr 9 2019, 5:30pm EDT - Thu Apr 11 2019, 4:00pm EDT
- Webinar: Jesus in the Secular World #1: Understanding Global SecularizationThu Apr 18 2019, 02:00 pm EDT - 03:15 pm EDT
Reports from around the world.
Missionaries are caught in the swirl of fast-changing church and mission movements around the world, many of which were brought to the fore at the fifth Assembly of the World Council of Churches.
Can local churches send missionaries directly to the field? This team of missionaries shows how it was done with careful planning, thorough preparation, and sacrificial giving.
Here is a novel idea for follow-up training that perhaps many missionaries have overlooked. It has been used with success in inner city work and is applicable in a wide variety of cultural situations.
Research in communications strategy has been a valuable asset to missionaries. This article is the fruit not only of theory but of application to the basics of missionary work. The author also grapples with the relationship of church growth theory to the principles of the spiritual decision-making process.