It has been said that mission is at the heart of the church and the church is at the heart of mission. The health and vitality of local churches is organically linked with the future of mission. As I’ve informally surveyed denominational leaders in our network (34 are members of Missio Nexus), every one responding has confirmed the number of adherents outside the US is much larger than inside. And the US church is in a general state of plateau or decline. A vibrant harvest force requires a growing (both in number and maturity) body of local churches.Few leaders have the wide angle lens on the state of evangelicalism in the US like Leith Anderson, who gives leadership to the National Association of Evangelicals, which represents over 45,000 local churches from 40 different denominations. Is the evangelical church in the United States growing? Is it healthy? Is it impacting culture or reflecting it? What are the major issues facing evangelicals today? How can the challenges we face become opportunities for demonstrating God’s love? What can we learn from the pockets of health?
- Pipeline Consultation on Candidate AssessmentThu Aug 5 2021, 02:00pm EDT
- Webinar: Member Care: Coming Attractions: Sunshine and StormThu Aug 12 2021, 12:00pm EDT
- Mobilizing the Next GenerationThu Aug 12 2021, 01:00pm EDT
- Webinar: Women in the Mission of the ChurchThu Aug 26 2021, 02:00pm EDT
- Peer 2 Peer for Marketing and Communications Staff: Brand Refresh | What to Know Before Making Your MarkTue Aug 31 2021, 02:00pm EDT
author interview CEO Church Church Missions Church Mission Team Church Planting COVID-19 Cross Cultural Skills Diaspora Disciple Making Discipleship Focus Future Globally Engaged Churches Innovation Islam Justin Long Leadership Management Missiology Missionaries Mission Finance and Administration MLC2019 MLC2020 MLC2021 Mobilization muslim Muslim Diaspora Networks Partnership Personal Productivity Podcast Presenter Pursuing Partnerships Series Research Short-Term Missions Spirituality support raising Training Trends Unengaged Unreached Weekly Roundup Women Women in Leadership