It has been said that mission is at the heart of the church and the church is at the heart of mission. The health and vitality of local churches is organically linked with the future of mission. As I’ve informally surveyed denominational leaders in our network (34 are members of Missio Nexus), every one responding has confirmed the number of adherents outside the US is much larger than inside. And the US church is in a general state of plateau or decline. A vibrant harvest force requires a growing (both in number and maturity) body of local churches.Few leaders have the wide angle lens on the state of evangelicalism in the US like Leith Anderson, who gives leadership to the National Association of Evangelicals, which represents over 45,000 local churches from 40 different denominations. Is the evangelical church in the United States growing? Is it healthy? Is it impacting culture or reflecting it? What are the major issues facing evangelicals today? How can the challenges we face become opportunities for demonstrating God’s love? What can we learn from the pockets of health?
- Webinar: An Introduction to the Theology and Practice of Cross-Cultural RiskThu May 26 2022, 12:00pm EDT
- Pocket Guide to Being a Missions Pastor: 5 Things Every Missions Pastor Needs to KnowWed Jun 1 2022, 01:00pm EDT
- From Harlem to the World - the Local Church Mobilized for Global MissionsWed Aug 3 2022, 01:00pm EDT
- Innovation Leaders DiscussionMon Aug 8 2022, 01:00pm EDT
- Peer 2 Peer for Communications and Marketing Staff: Communications and the Mission of God: Aligning organizational communications with God's purposesThu Aug 18 2022, 01:00pm EDT
author interview CEO Church Church Missions Church Mission Team Church Planting COVID-19 Cross Cultural Skills Diaspora Disciple Making Discipleship Focus Future Innovation Islam Justin Long Leadership Management Member Care Missiology Missionaries Mission Finance and Administration MLC2019 MLC2020 MLC2021 Mobilization muslim Muslim Diaspora Networks Partnership Podcast Presenter Pursuing Partnerships Series Research Risk Short-Term Missions Spirituality support raising Training Trends Unengaged Unreached Weekly Roundup Women Women in Leadership