Engaging the World for Gospel Impact
Job Title: Church Relations Officer
Department: Partner Ministries
Reports To: Vice President Partner Ministries
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $72,000- $76,000 salary/per year
Position Summary: The Church Relations Officer at WorldVenture will lead the church engagement strategy at WorldVenture with primary attention given to two top priorities – (1) identify, recruiting and mobilizing new missionaries and (2) forming deep, meaningful, and mutually beneficial partnerships with churches. They will dedicate their time exclusively to cultivating, networking, and relationship-building with WorldVenture partner churches and prospective churches so that those in the church feel and know that they are valued, appreciated, and in a deep and meaningful partnership focused on Gospel Impact in and through the ministry of WorldVenture. The Church Relations Officer will report to the Vice President of Partner Ministries with frequent collaboration with the Partner Ministry Leadership Team (Director of Training and Partner Ministries Operations and the Director of Administration for Partner Ministries) as well as the President of WorldVenture, Board of Directors, and other key ministry leadership.
· Identify, engage, and cultivate new and existing partner relationships with a focus on long-term missionary service with WorldVenture
· Meet face to face with interested candidates and pastors to develop relationships and gauge interest and readiness for missionary service with WorldVenture
· Advise potential missionaries through spiritual mentorship, discipleship, missions coaching and the candidacy process, ensuring proper fit, readiness, and placement
· Manage a portfolio of 100-150 relationships with current and prospective churches for WorldVenture
· Ensure that gifts from church partners are properly designated, thanked, and followed up on with timely information and updates on the impact each gift has accomplished
· Plan and execute special events to engage current and prospective church partners to learn more about WorldVenture
· Remain current on all WorldVenture policies and procedures related to the recruitment, screening, and onboarding of new Global Workers
· Track and report progress using established metrics, ensuring accuracy and continuity
· Maintain extensive records of church partner information and interactions to ensure that there can be continuity and collaboration in role by documenting church information, relevant interactions, and relationships in Salesforce
· Visit WorldVenture’s national headquarters for onboarding and other Partner Ministries Team planning and training (as often as once per quarter), as well as attending all regularly scheduled prayer calls, meetings, trainings, online community interactions and special events (as needed)
· Perform other related duties as required and assigned by the VP of Partner Ministries.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Excellent communicator in both public and private settings, as well as in written proposals and materials
· Ability to work remotely and independently while multitasking, meeting deadlines and working collaboratively with a self-motivated and disciplined mindset
· Discretion, attention to detail, and a commitment to excellence
· Well versed in missiological thought and praxis
· Ability to utilize technologies including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), CRM’s, and Social Media
Requirements & Qualifications
· Strong agreement with WorldVenture’s Statement of faith, Advancement Philosophy of Ministry and the Biblical Foundations of Advancement and Fundraising
· A theology of stewardship relating to engagement, discipling, and cultivating giving partner support.
· Proven networking and collaborative leadership skills
· Forward thinking, creative, outside-the-box thinking, and able to develop and execute plans with concrete targets and goals while thinking strategically and casting a vison
· Able to build authentic, trusting relationships with church leadership with a servant-leader and collaborative mindset
· Ability to travel nationally and internationally. Willingness to travel during the week and on weekends to make presentations to congregations and leadership groups (mission committees, elders, etc.) in the region
· Proven commitment to a personal relationship with God and a desire to serve Him in global ministry
· Christian character that reflects our values as an organization and dedication to WorldVenture’s ministries
· Affirmation of WorldVenture’s Sexual Conduct Policy and Child Safety Policy
· Demonstrated warmth, empathy, and trustworthiness in relationships
· Respect for those from nations and cultures other than their own
· Team player displaying humility and a learner’s attitude
Education and Formal Training:
· Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred).
o Relevant work experience or applicable credentials and/or certificates may be a substitute for degree.
o A comparable history in business development or in pastoral leadership with capital and/or missions campaigns is also acceptable.
· Minimum of 7 years of pastoral leadership or church leadership with visible evidence of recruiting and sending leaders out and/or evidence of rallying a church towards action is also acceptable.
· Minimum of 7 years of experience as a Major Giving Officer, Director of Development or an evolving and progressive role in fundraising and development with evidence of an ability of acquiring and retaining major giving partners ($10,000+) is also acceptable.
· Previous overseas ministry experience preferred
· Medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; Flexible Spending Account; long-term disability insurance; and Aflac Insurance offered
· Vacation, personal leave, sick leave, bereavement, jury duty, and 11 paid holidays
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principal job elements essential for making fair pay decisions.
To apply for this job please visit www.appone.com.