Website World Team Canada
The Mobilizer works in conjunction with other mobilizers, church leaders and organizations to recruit, assess and process potential candidates for cross-cultural ministry through World Team. To this end, a key responsibility of the role is to increase the profile & awareness of World Team throughout Christian Churches & Bible Colleges where potential missionaries are being trained/discipled.
Executive Director – World Team Canada
Organizational skills, administrative competence, and strong interpersonal skills are important to this role. The ideal candidate has the capacity to represent World Team to those investigating their Great Commission call, coach them in their search and assist them in moving to the next steps in the process leading to a decision to attend a World Team assessment or engage in an internship. The Mobilizer should be a mature Christian with basic knowledge of missiological principles. Cross-cultural experience is beneficial. She or he has a passion for missions and is in agreement with World Team’s statement of faith.
The ideal candidate has:
· 1-3 years of experience in mobilizing or similar networking background
· Strong networking and collaborative leadership skills
· Solid communication skills
· Proven ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work independently as well as collaboratively
· Willingness to work some evenings and weekends as needed
· Active membership in a local church, participating in an accountability group and/or a discipleship relationship
Mobilizers work on a team to meet goals, recruit target audiences, cast a vision for missions in large and small groups, and create mobilization opportunities/networks. Mobilizers will:
· Develop and foster networking relationships (instructors, students, church leaders/members, organizations, gatekeepers, WT missionaries, WT appointees, etc.) within an assigned area to build a referral/social network that engages people with World Team.
· Maintain acceptable performance in key areas, including establishing networking relationships with:
o 10-20 churches seeking established relationships with:
§ The senior pastor and/or the key missions leader/gatekeeper to help them self-support their church’s missions efforts and connect with possible missionary candidates
§ NOTE: Mobilizers will focus 70% of their networking time in church relationships
o 2-3 schools – seeking established relationships with:
§ Three faculty members, an administration member, and a student organization from which to speak in classes, launch events and seek appropriate partnerships and student contacts
§ NOTE: Mobilizers will focus 30% of their networking time in college/university relationships
· Create, schedule and conduct presentations, as well as generate leads through events to further develop a World Team mobilization network.
· Track mobilization interactions with individuals in the network on the World Team mobilization database.
· Shepherd potential candidates to ensure that interested candidates submit the documentation necessary for candidacy programs according to established deadlines.
· Participate in regular mobilization and support centre staff meetings to learn, coordinate efforts and pray together.
· Work to maintain and/or grow donor support base utilizing the Executive Director when needed.
· Work to actively maintain a spirit of, and dependence on, prayer as together we depend on the Lord to provide workers for the harvest.
To apply for this job email your details to Keith.firstname.lastname@example.org