About the Position
United World Mission (UWM) is seeking a Director of Marketing & Communications to support the development and management of UWM’s brand as well as to drive engagement of UWM’s key constituents (our people, our donors, and prospective missionaries). UWM recently completed and approved a strategic direction process that aims to position UWM as a known and trusted missions organization for forming leaders in and for Jesus’ mission. The Director of Marketing & Communications will play a critical role in reinvigorating how a 75-year-old missions organization amplifies the story of God’s faithfulness and God’s call for the next decade of ministry.
About United World Mission
United World Mission is an interdenominational, evangelical mission organization, founded in 1946. Our global staff of over 400 serves with national partners in over 50 countries. Our vision is to “see a flourishing church, led by well-equipped local leaders, serving every city and neighborhood.” For those passionate about a flourishing church, UWM is a trusted ministry outfitter that encourages, equips, and connects leaders worldwide as we walk with them as friends on the journey. We are committed to a culture of innovation and are actively pursuing a re-positioning of our brand to better support a new world of missions driven by globalization, the global church, and the changing church and donor base in North America.
• Experience and proficiency in leading the development and execution of marketing strategy
• Experience and proficiency in brand management
• Experience and proficiency in integrated digital marketing, content marketing & social media
• Successful track-record of building and managing teams and vendors
• Strong project management skills to execute projects and campaigns
• Ability to engage, enhance and set marketing goals with senior leaders
• Ability to drive tangible results with a data-driven approach
• Willingness to re-locate to Charlotte, NC
• Experience supporting the marketing needs of a similarly sized organization
• Proficiency with creative software (e.g., Adobe Creative)
• Experience with drafting content and writing marketing copy
• Experience in a Christian ministry
Compelling Opportunities of the Role:
• Opportunity to support the repositioning and strengthening of a 75-year-old brand.
• Opportunity to enhance UWM’s marketing capabilities for greater impact, including a stronger digital presence and creative ways for engaging donors & prospective missionaries.
• Opportunity to work with a great team in Charlotte and globally; a team that is adaptive and open to innovation and organizational change to better serve the global church.
• Opportunities for international travel and the privilege of learning from, encouraging and adding value to the global church and leaders from many nations.
• Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of men, women, children, and their communities around the world, in the name of Jesus Christ.
1. Serve as member of the U.S. leadership team and contribute to thought leadership, strategic direction, and re-positioning the organization for the new world of global mission.
2. Drive brand development, marketing and communication strategies, and annual planning.
3. Oversee an internal team as well as vendors to achieve impact.
4. Create & deliver engaging content & impactful campaigns with internal team and vendors.
5. Support the Chief Advancement Officer in creating and executing annual marketing plans that encourage new and existing donors to support UWM’s ministries.
6. Support the Director of U.S. Mobilization in creating and executing annual marketing plans that recruits missionary candidates.
7. Develop and manage internal communication vehicles to keep staff and missionaries connected to the organization and each other.
8. Develop and manage external communication vehicles to keep donors and supporters of the organization engaged and informed.
Key Reporting Relationships
• Supervision Received: Chief Expansion Officer
• Direct Supervision Provided: one Marketing Specialist as well as vendors (e.g., agencies, webmaster, SEO consultant, graphic artists, content writers, etc.)
Compensation and Benefits
We believe our compensation package is competitive and includes health insurance and related benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org