TEAM – The Evangelical Alliance Mission is a global Christian ministry organization founded in 1890 that partners with churches to equip and send global workers who make disciples of Jesus Christ among the nations. TEAM is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. For this reason, TEAM hires only candidates who wholeheartedly and without reservation agree with and live according to TEAM’s Statement of Faith. TEAM staff thoroughly embrace the purpose, vision, beliefs, and values of TEAM.
About the Role:
The Part-Time Member Care Associate will support TEAM’s global workers and staff by providing member care services that contribute to their emotional, spiritual, psychological, and relational health, with the goal of helping them be resilient workers who can thrive where God has called them. He/she will also collaborate with TEAM’s Global Member Care Network in implementing holistic member care for all TEAM workers. He/she will promote spiritual vitality as a way of life.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Foster caring relationships with global workers and staff, reaching out in times of need in their ministry or personal/family life
- Collaborate with Regional Member Care Coordinators (RMCC) to provide seamless care and support for workers; Serve as an RMCC in an interim capacity when needed
- Be aware of a variety of North America-based resources for workers and facilitate connection to those resources when needed. This would include developing and maintaining a list of counselor referrals, renewal centers and debriefing ministries.
- Provide resources and follow up care during the re-entry process for workers not returning to an international ministry location
- Assist with debriefings of global workers and make recommendations for spiritual, emotional, personal, and relational growth
- Assist the Global Member Care Network in assessing global workers experiencing personal, relational, or ministry crises and making plans for care, treatment, and referral to outside providers and sending churches as appropriate
- Attend Appointee Gathering training events, provide feedback to new appointees, present workshops, and follow-up with specific appointees as needed
Qualifications of the Role:
- Spiritually mature with a growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Graduate degree, training and experience in pastoral care, counseling, or a related field
- Experience in cross-cultural missions or mission activities
- Deep understanding in essential doctrines of the Christian faith, missiology, discipleship and a non-profit organization’s role is serving the church in the Great Commission task and the ability to converse on all subjects
- Ability to function well independently and take initiative in providing proactive care to global workers and staff
Disclaimer: The information in this document indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as totally comprehensive of every job duty, responsibility, or qualification required by an employee assigned to this position. An employee may be required to perform other assignments not listed here.
Employment applications are available online at https://team.org/about-us/staﬀ-opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com