Website South America Mission
Redeemed Lives. Beautiful Churches. Transformed Communities.
The Development Officer ensures that South America Mission has the resources to be effective in ministry and obedient on mission. They work with senior leadership to ensure integrity in soliciting gifts and stewardship of donations received. The Development Officer also provides leadership in donor care and church partner engagement, sharing about SAM’s ministries and missionaries compellingly and enthusiastically.
The candidate must have a vibrant love for the Lord that leads to genuine care and support for SAM’s missionaries and supporters. The position requires excellent communication skills, experience in donor relations, and demonstrated ability in designing comprehensive strategies to achieve goals. Experience with fundraising and with CRM software is desirable.
Key Results, Responsibilities, and Activities
South America Mission is equipped with the organizational resources needed for operational excellence. Ministries are empowered for effectiveness. Missionaries are supported and equipped. Donors delight in their role in our ministry.
- Lead, coordinate and oversee South America Mission’s efforts to raise resources for ministry in faith-filled and God-honoring ways.
- Lead development of, response to, and care for key donors and stakeholders.
- Develop and deploy effective strategies and initiatives to raise funds for South America Mission in a manner consistent with Scripture, our vision, and our values.
- Design funding initiatives that resource strategic mission purposes including operations, core ministry areas, and missionary personnel in coordination with senior management and field leadership.
- Provide timely and usable data and information to leadership, staff, and missionaries that empowers their fundraising efforts and enables good stewardship.
- Initiate and manage systems that facilitate efficient and increased giving, effective internal and external communication, and access to information to empower overall fundraising efforts.
- Exhibit and promote an ethos of authentic and professional donor care that yields tangible value to our ministry partners and builds trust with South America Mission missionaries.
- Train personnel in the biblical basis for support raising and equip missionaries for deputized support raising and for ethical ministry resourcing.
- Coordinate resource raising strategies and messaging with Therefore Alliance member organizations by direct communication with development offices.
- Collaborate with other members of the Development Department for individual and team success.
SAM is an international, cross-cultural ministry focusing on church planting, leadership development, and community development. Applicants should enthusiastically desire to participate in SAM’s Mission, Vision, and Identity as well as be able to affirm SAM’s doctrinal statement.
Please apply through our website: https://southamericamission.org/join-sam/opportunities/u-s-staff/
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org