Website Sojourn Church Midtown
Apply at https://www.sojournchurch.com/careers
The primary role of the Pastor of Sending is to provide leadership and vision to the sending (missions) ministries of Sojourn Church Midtown. This includes oversight of local mercy ministries, domestic church planting, and international missions. The Pastor of Sending will also play an active role on the Local Management Team of elders and the full council of elders providing overall leadership to the church.
• Provide overall leadership and vision to the international missions ministry.
• Maintain and enrich the global sending processes of Midtown including identification, assessment, development, advocacy, missionary care, field partnership, and reentry.
• Provide relational presence and pastoral care for international missionaries sent from Midtown.
• Provide vision and leadership to the short and mid-term trip ministry in collaboration with the Associate Director of International Missions.
• Help develop the international student and refugee ministry engagement within the city of Louisville.
• Regularly travel to visit Midtown missionaries overseas and assist in global projects. A minimum of 2 international trips a year is expected.
• Maintain relationships with key sending organizations (IMB, Serge, Pioneers, Upstream, etc.)
• Provide overall leadership to the church planting ministry in collaboration with a designated team of Sojourn Midtown elders.
• Provide oversight to the church planting residency along with the Associate Director of Church Planting.
• Travel as needed to visit Midtown church planters and attend church planting events.
• Maintain relationships with key church planting networks and organizations with the priority relationship being Harbor Network.
Mercy (Local Mission)
• Provide leadership and vision to the mercy ministry in collaboration with the Director of Mercy. This includes local ministry in the city but is specifically focused on the church’s neighborhood (Shelby Park), benevolence cases, and the adoption and foster care ministry.
• Be regularly present at mercy events and ministries.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com