For the past 40 years, Pioneers has partnered with churches around the world to initiate church planting movements among unreached people groups. With Innovation and Flexibility as some of our core values, we are one of the fastest-growing missions organizations in the US, sending missionaries from 17 bases located across the globe. (Click here to learn more about us and here to learn more about unreached people groups.)
Our Hospitality Intern works directly with the Event & Guest Services Director on the Hospitality Team. This is a fast-paced and versatile position where our intern will assist and execute event logistics that serve Pioneers missionaries who are visiting the Orlando base. Whether you are communicating with clients about contract agreements or organizing logistics and setting up for the day of an event, this position dives into all the nitty gritty details of how to serve others through the best practices of hospitality. If you have a passion for event planning and strive to go above and beyond to exceed customer expectations, then this is the role for you!
- Participating in weekly Hospitality Team meetings.
- Developing the framework for event contracts and agreements.
- Collaborating with multiple Pioneers teams to plan detailed logistics and execute events.
- Developing feedback assessments to measure event success and customer satisfaction.
- Creating analytics on space utilization.
- Assisting the Hospitality Team in all hospitality aspects (i.e. accommodations, food services, etc.).
- You Have a Personal Relationship with Christ: Spiritual maturity and desire to deepen your relationship with God.
- You’re Excited to Serve with Pioneers: Willing to reflect Pioneers Statement of Faith and Core Values.
- You Have a Heart to Serve in the Hospitality World: Some coursework or experience in the hospitality field.
- You Strive to Go Above and Beyond: Ability to see needs and anticipate needs of those we work with and serve.
- You’re a Go Getter: Ability to start projects, take charge, make decisions and work within deadlines.
- You Love to Learn: Teachable, wanting to grow professionally and personally and not afraid to ask questions.
- You Have a Strong Sense of Professionalism: Strong administrative skills and handles confidential information well.
- You Celebrate Differences: A humble heart to learn and relate to people in an ethnically diverse world.
- You Like to Have Fun: Our team likes to have a good time!
*As with many hospitality events, there may be days where our intern could help with lifting or moving objects during set up. Our intern must be able to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight and lift up to 25lbs shoulder high.
To apply, go to: pioneers.org/orlandointernships
Start Date: May 22, 2023
End Date: July 28, 2023
Application Deadline: April 9, 2023
*Housing is provided for interns outside of Orlando.
To apply for this job please visit pioneers.org.