Website One Mission Society
Engaging the One to Reach the Many
Supervise, formulate, and implement the care of personnel and Missionary Care programs of OMS USA. Closely coordinate all activity of OMS USA Missionary Care (clinical/pastoral) and work in cooperation with the VP of Human Resources.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Possesses an earned master’s degree or higher in ministry, counseling, pastoral theology, or equivalent. Counselling/psychological degree preferred.
- Possesses a minimum of two years of cross-cultural, pastoral, or other mission related ministry.
- Committed to the mission and vision of OMS.
- Living in accordance and in support of the theological distinctives of OMS.
- Capable of effective written and verbal communication.
- Willing and able to assist in setting departmental budgets.
- Counseling skills required; pastoral skills preferred.
- Be in general good health.
- Some travel required.
- Team player.
- Proficient in Office 365 software
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a system of care for pre-field candidates and members to help prepare them for self-care while serving with OMS.
- Develop and maintain a debriefing model for those on Homeland Missionary Assignment, leaving the field, and/or retiring.
- Work alongside other departments to coordinate and promote consistent mutual care and support for missionaries.
- Cultivate an OMS culture of caring.
- Connect regularly with the OMS Global Director of Missionary Care to ensure seamless and consistent care for OMS USA missionaries when they travel to and from their field of service.
- Serve through identification of significant mission specific mile markers for corporate celebration and individual membership recognition.
- Develop a clinical network of Christian counsellors and organizations to allow for prompt access when referrals are needed.
- Encourage cooperation with sending churches to provide re-entry care to Missionaries returning from the field.
- Enable through identification and development of means to provide nurture, encouragement, and critical care for all active OMS membership.
- Lead through coordinating and/or providing member (clinical/pastoral) care, thereby preserving, and promoting OMS membership retention.
- Take an active role in most or all conflict resolution issues pertaining to OMS USA missionaries at the invitation of leadership.
- Oversee OMS USA Missionary Care departmental budget.
- Supervise all the personnel related to the OMS USA Missionary Care team.
Conduct annual Missionary Ministry Appraisals related to the OMS USA Missionary Care team.
- Supervise, evaluate, and reformulate as necessary all the OMS USA Missionary Care programs.
- Oversee the (clinical/pastoral) care of all active OMS USA homeland personnel and field personnel when back in the US.
- Relate closely with Global Training Solutions Group (training department) regarding new candidates.
- Represent OMS USA at Missionary Care professional events.
This is a support-based position that involves raising financial support through ministry partners for salary and other expenses. This position is required to serve at the OMS Headquarters in Greenwood, Indiana.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com