Director of Church Engagement
Website Missio Nexus
We catalyze relationships, ideas, and collaboration
Provide overall leadership and direction for Missio Nexus’ outreach and engagement of local churches. This includes executing events, programming, marketing, and community engagement with a focus on local churches. This role will predominately relate to missions pastors (church missions leaders) and church missions teams. All activity will be coordinated with and supported by the larger Missio Nexus communication stream, event management team, and leadership.
- Committed to global missions and the overall vision of Missio Nexus
- Detailed and self-motivated
- Missions pastor experience preferred
- Field missions experience preferred but not required
- Must be a team player with a solid work ethic and able to manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work well with other leaders from a wide range of perspectives and organizations
- Must be able to work on a virtual team in a home office setting
- Must be mature, friendly, approachable and have strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office products preferred but not required
- Conduct events for church mission leaders, including regional church gatherings, the annual Church Missions Leaders Conference, agency/church forums, and virtual events
- Be available for advising and consulting with church mission leaders
- Connect with all new church members to assist them in maximizing their Missio Nexus membership
- Write a monthly newsletter for church mission leaders
- Create and gather additional church resources for the website
- Develop strategy for the website and managing the website presence for churches, including the online group(s) and church media streams, DavidMays.org website, recommended reading list, etc.
- Developing new tools and resources as needed
- Manage partnerships with church-centric partners
- Build a team of active CML’s to help form content, speaker selection, article writing
This role does not require a physical move but will be done from whatever location best suits the candidate. Some travel will be required, mostly domestic, and a stipend for Internet and phone access will be provided. This role may or may not require support raising, depending on the candidate’s situation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com