Website Medical Benevolence Foundation (MBF)
Partners in Hope and Healing
The Partner Engagement Team’s Major Gifts Officer (MGO) is responsible for growing and enhancing the established resource development roadmap for individuals and foundations committing $1 million or more.
S/he is responsible for assessing and evaluating the current model for opportunities, in order to improve and redefine strategies and tactics for substantial future growth. The MGO will manage an existing donor base, but more importantly, develop and implement connections and strategies to expand MBF’s reach. S/he will serve as a part of the development team and work collaboratively to determine the required infrastructure needs to maximize the effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability of a comprehensive major gifts initiative.
The MGO will strive to build a greater understanding and support for MBF’s mission, vision, and goals with major donors/prospects across the country. S/he will, in conjunction with the Vice President of Partner Engagement, develop annual measurable objectives in the areas of capital projects, campaign donations, planned giving, grant awards, and prospecting to support reaching the goals of MBF.
In order to achieve success, the MGO will create meaningful relationships with donors and prospects; offer stewardship opportunities to connect them more closely to the MBF mission; and powerfully communicate the impact of MBF hospitals, clinics and nursing schools in developing countries through visits and direct contact with our domestic partners.
The MGO will serve as the MBF’s primary advocate and spokesperson to major donor partners and, therefore, increase awareness, understanding, and appreciation of MBF. This position reports to the Vice President of Partner Engagement.
• Develop and lead major donor fundraising plan with a focus on foundation support.
• Creatively build on past success and imagine new markets, partners, methods and messages.
• Determine and guide development of measurables that share the story of ministry impact and global response to MBF strategies.
• Work with the development team to define donor recruitment and development processes to identify, recruit, and grow the major donor segment.
• Oversee the development of fundraising forecasts and goals, implement outreach and activities to meet those goals, and regularly report progress toward those goals.
• Develop a deep understanding of the depth and scope of our ministry in order to eloquently articulate its impact to potential donors to promote unprecedented philanthropy.
• Develop and implement strategies to identify, cultivate, and solicit donors including individuals and foundations.
• Nurture relationships with existing donors in order to maintain and grow support for MBF.
• Work with the Marketing Department to develop presentations, proposals, and donor education materials.
• Utilize the Salesforce donor database to track donor engagement, contacts, and reporting.
• Oversee the planning and successful execution of awareness and fundraising events.
• Partner with the CEO, Vice President, and Board to motivate major donors and potential major donors to commit to multi-year partnerships.
• Broaden donor network through the use of innovative technology and commitment to evolving relationship management tools.
• Lead as a spiritually mature teammate worthy of followership with faith, humility, flexibility, creativity, and analytical portfolio management skills.
• Mentor, motivate, and model best practices as requested or needed daily.
• Persuasively communicate with internal and external stakeholders, taking the initiative to share vision and ministry successes in ways that motivate others to action.
• Keep the development team apprised of results, both negative and positive, regarding donations and the trending of donations.
Requirements & Candidate Characteristics
• A strong, demonstrated personal faith in Jesus Christ.
• Four-year college/university degree required, plus a minimum of 10 years work experience.
• Minimum of 5 years in the area of major gift fundraising with proven successes across a demographically diverse area.
• Demonstrated ability to cast vision for the major gift initiative and set a plan to accomplish the vision.
• Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of new funding opportunities.
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Management competency and interpersonal skills to work effectively with peers, subordinates, and partners in a cooperative team environment.
• Excellent speaking and listening skills to exchange information in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner with all levels of the organization and in large and small groups; exemplify a positive approach that fosters a team environment and conveys mission.
• Creative thinking skills with strong business acumen.
• Excellent understanding of MBF’s mission, values, goals, and objectives.
• CFRE is preferred.
To apply for this position, send resume or CV along with a cover letter and statement of faith to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a full position profile, email the same address.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com