Website Love Justice International
About Us: Love Justice International (LJI) is a Christian nonprofit organization compelled by Gods love to fight the worlds greatest injustices. We fight injustice in two primary ways: through our expanding anti-human trafficking work and by caring for orphaned and abandoned children. We currently work throughout Asia and Africa.
Position Type: Full Time; Salaried; Overseas
Program and Position Overview: LJI’s anti-human trafficking model focuses on transit monitoring. We identify, intercept, and assist trafficking victims as they are being transportedwhen victims and traffickers are the most visible and open to detectionand before they reach the destination where victims will be sold, hidden, and abused. Because the crime of trafficking has already commenced, we have access to actionable intelligence which can be used to assist police in the apprehension of suspects and to better understand trafficking methods. To multiply the impact in countries weve launched investigations teams and conducted police trainings. To date, we have intercepted over 35,000 individuals to prevent them from being trafficked. More than 1,200 arrests have stemmed from our anti-trafficking work with 33% of closed cases resulting in convictions.
To ensure excellence among our field offices in Asia and Africa, Love Justice has developed more than 30 “core processes” to implement in each office to monitor performance and compliance. These processes involve a variety of different areas, such as budgeting and financial reporting, administration and human resources, data collection and compliance, security audit and investigations, shelter care, and legal cases.
The role of the Senior Director of Anti-Trafficking is to oversee the entire organizations anti-trafficking division by empowering and leading the LJI Regional Stewards and driving forward expansion while also striving to hit our 1 Year Goal of $120 per intercept.
The Senior Director of Anti-Trafficking will report to the CEO. The position will be based in Ballito, South Africa. This position will involve frequent travel to our different fields.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: The primary duties and responsibilities of the Senior Director of Anti-Trafficking are the following:
- Guide and lead the LJI Regional Stewards (who directly steward our fields interacting more directly with country leadership)–may also temporarily steward new countries where there is not a Regional Steward in place
- Oversee the overall anti-trafficking budget
- Drive forward transit monitoring expansion while also seeking to hit our 1 Year Goal of $120 per intercept
- Oversee investigations and the scaling of impact multiplying strategies (e.g., investigations teams, police training and liaison programs, etc)
- Participate in leadership teams
- Participate as a Lead of core processes within expertise and stakeholder on others
- Assist with grant operations for related anti-trafficking projects
- Mature Christian faith
- A strong commitment to social justice and advocacy on behalf of vulnerable populations
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree; master’s degree (or higher) in a relevant field preferred
- Significant experience in project management and leading teamsparticularly in cross cultural environments
- Ability to work well in cross-cultural contexts and sensitivity to different cultures
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and willingness to adapt to changing and challenging circumstances
- High standard of personal discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with working with complex spreadsheets preferred
Ability to work well within a group setting and maintain a positive outlook while working within challenging circumstances
Please apply directly on our website: www.lovejustice.ngo/careers
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com