Website Katalyst World Partners
Accelerating the global church through sustainable strategies.
Vacancy Name: Impact Investment Field Loan Manager
Remuneration: Volunteer or Support-Based
Work Location: Canada or International-based
Katalyst World Partners (KATALYST) is a community of Jesus-followers who long to see disciples of Christ in every nation. To this end, in partnership with like-minded disciple-making ministries around the world, we seek to extend their reach and magnify their impact. By focusing on sustainable catalysts such as: Education, Agriculture, Midwifery and Entrepreneurship, we provide physical and spiritual hope in Jesus’ name.
Impact Investment Field Loan Manager
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and highly motivated leader with a passion for empowering community change agents around the world through microenterprise.
The Impact Investment Field Loan Manager will provide leadership in strategy development and implementation of KATALYST’s impact on investment development and management internationally. The candidate will be tasked with developing and managing microenterprise investment opportunities around the world. The ideal candidate is a practical, compassionate, and flexible leader with international project management skills. The candidate will lead the program toward increasing scale in terms of impact and volume while continually improving loan repayment and risk management.
The Impact Investment Field Loan Manager will report to the Executive Director and liaise with the Impact Investment Fund Manager and the Finance Manager.
Key Job Functions
- Collaborate with KATALYST leadership to assess, identify, process, and manage microenterprise partnerships that represent quality missional and profitable potential.
- Develop a strong overseas lending framework that takes into account partner relations, risk assessment, legal considerations, reporting obligations, compliance requirements, and finance.
- Identify and select country-specific Microfinance Institutions (MFI) for the service of microloans to selected beneficiaries
- Manage relationships with Microfinance Institutions (MFI).
- With local ministry partners identify, evaluate, and facilitate microloan applications.
- Provide advice on loan applications to KATALYST Loan Committee
- Contingent on funds raised and allocated, coordinate underwriting of loans via MFI.
- Ensure effective management and monitoring of field loans, loan repayments, non-financial resourcing of beneficiaries, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Monitor the status and repayment of all loans and take appropriate action as necessary.
- Monitor that the KATALYST approach to selection, training, mentoring, and enterprise growth loans is being followed.
- Ensure regular and accurate reporting and project communication from grass roots clients to KATALYST and lenders (through Fund Manager).
- Continually assess risk and seek new opportunities.
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of KATALYST
- Christian Faith: A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or experience determined to be an equivalent or equivalent combination of education and experience in the fields.
- Be a servant leader, balancing expertise with humility
- Proven results in bringing new initiatives to scale.
- Experience and knowledge of and the ability to work with Microsoft products, including Office 365, Server Exchange, and Windows Operating Systems.
- International experience within a not-for-profit organization required.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven cross-cultural interpersonal skills
- Able to work remotely as part of a small-sized non-profit global organization
What we offer
- An opportunity to accelerate the global church
- A platform to impact individuals and communities physically and spiritually
- A friendly, supportive, and innovative environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org