Website Katalyst World Partners
Accelerating the global church through sustainable strategies.
Vacancy Name: Learning Management System (LMS) Specialist
Work Location: Home Office
FTE: Flexible, .5 (Part-time) or 1.0 FTE (Full-time)
Katalyst World Partners (KATALYST) is a community of Jesus-followers who long to see disciples of Christ in every nation. To this end, in partnership with like-minded disciple-making ministries around the world, we seek to extend their reach and magnify their impact. By focusing on sustainable catalysts such as: Education, Agriculture, Midwifery and Entrepreneurship, we provide physical and spiritual hope in Jesus’ name.
King’s College is a two-year learning opportunity for young men and women, aged 16-17, to continue their education while being intentionally discipled. Since 2000, King’s College has been successfully training young people in Grades 11 and 12 in our residential school located in Hyderabad, India. While continuing to operate the school locally, we are now expanding King’s College by establishing extension campuses in partnership with local churches throughout India. At KCX (King’s College Extension), we will combine online courses with a live teacher, taking advantage of quality digital resources with in-person teaching to mentor, tutor and disciple students.
Reporting initially to the Executive Director, the LMS Specialist is responsible for providing technical leadership to support our Learning Management System. The LMS Specialist will create and maintain the LMS for KCX, based on curriculum provided.
Key Job Functions
– Create and configure the LMS to support online and blended instruction
– Update online course content in the LMS
– Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the LMS; provide technical and systems support as super user administrator
– Support operations in LMS systems, including account set up, access and user permissions
– Support staff and faculty members to resolve LMS-related queries and resolve technical issues
– Regularly compile, review and process course enrollment data for students and faculty
– Troubleshoot, identify and prioritize root problems
– Manage system security, end-user set up, training and reporting
– Review, analyze and report data using metrics within LMS to drive improvements in effectiveness
– Collaborate in current and future system enhancements, configuration changes in alignment with changing educational needs
– Maintain professional working relationships with leadership, staff and faculty
– Maintain up-to-date knowledge of best practices with LMS systems and strategies
– Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of KATALYST
– Be a servant leader, balancing expertise with humility
– Education: A bachelor’s degree, preferably related to IT, education or business; with 2 years of related experience working with LMS software
– Strong computer skills, proficiency in MS Office and experience with LMS systems, with the ability to quickly learn new programs and procedures
– Proficiency with project coordination and project management skills
– Strong and helpful customer service attitude, exercising tact, diplomacy and discretion when dealing with others
– Excellent organizational skills including setting priorities and meeting deadlines
– Ability to exercise initiative, good judgment and maintain confidentiality.
– Able to work independently and strongly self-motivated
– Christian Faith: A growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth; show that you are a person of character and conviction
– Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, as well as good interpersonal skills
– Able to work remotely as part of a small-sized non-profit global organization
– Experience working with students and faculty is an asset and previous cross-cultural experience is beneficial
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all those interested for their applications but only candidates who are being considered will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org