Website Interserve USA
Are you a self-motivated people person with a heart for sending cross-cultural workers to some of the Lord’s hardest harvest fields? Do you have a hunger to care for these workers, shepherding them as they prepare to go and encouraging them after they arrive in the field? Do you want to serve on a team using your gifts in God’s global mission of redemption and restoration?
Join our team at Interserve as an Area Coordinator for the western US states.
Interserve is an international, interdenominational community of Christ-followers, creatively and intentionally using their professional skills in holistic ministry among the least-served people of Asia and the Arab World for over 170 years. Our vision is to see lives and communities transformed by encounter with Jesus Christ. The US office is one of 14 national offices working together to mobilize multinational teams.
As Area Coordinator, you will be the lead staff member in your assigned region of the United States responsible for coordinating and managing the mobilization, recruitment, outreach, orientation, and member care of our overseas workers. You will work in cooperation with other U.S.-based staff to help us find and prepare our workers to effectively bring the love of Christ to places where He is unseen.
A full position description is below. To apply send a cover letter and resume to Jamie Burt, Personnel Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Description: Area Coordinator
Organization: Interserve is an international, interdenominational community of Christ-followers, creatively and intentionally using their professional skills in holistic ministry among the least-served people of Asia and the Arab World. Our vision is to see lives and communities transformed by encounter with Jesus Christ as we field multinational teams.
Position Summary: The Area Coordinator (AC) is the lead staff member in their assigned region of the United States responsible for coordinating and managing a wide range of activities including mobilization, recruitment, outreach, orientation, and member care. The AC will have the primary responsibility of building supportive relationships with Interserve personnel and ‘first name’ connections with fellowships, institutions, and constituents. The position holder will work in cooperation with other U.S.-based staff to coordinate the selection, pre-field experience, and ongoing support for overseas workers.
Characteristics: The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high amount of relational competency as they serve personnel in a variety of life stages and circumstances. In addition, the candidate will have demonstrated professional success, or is viewed as having potential for success, in the following areas: recruitment and relationship cultivation; pastoral care and counsel; mentoring; project oversight; basic computing and technical ability; presentation and speaking skills; and timely and accurate reporting.
· Takes the lead role in mobilization and recruitment activities in the assigned region
· Assists with the application and pre-field preparation of personnel
· Maintains regular contact with all prospects, applicants, and those awaiting placement
· Promotes the purpose, ethos, values, and approach of Interserve in a variety of venues
· Builds friendships with pre-field and overseas personnel and their support groups
· Organizes and participates in events and activities that promote Interserve concerns
· Organizes, facilitates, and participates in pre-field training for short and long-term workers
· Accepts and organizes speaking opportunities in a variety of learning contexts
· Assists personnel with the development of a deputation strategy as requested
· Stays current with communications and status changes for short and long-term workers
· Communicates empathy, care, and support for workers throughout their experience
· Spends time with overseas personnel in the USA and in the field of service abroad
1. Personally committed to following the Lord Jesus Christ, showing ongoing spiritual growth and development, and active in a local fellowship.
2. Embraces the vision, mission, values, and approach of Interserve.
3. Overseas living or cross-cultural work experience is preferred.
4. Can build relationships with those from diverse Christian traditions and ethnic/national backgrounds.
5. A self-starter who engages tasks entrepreneurially with minimal supervision.
6. Able to multi-task, set priorities, and manage time efficiently.
7. Is flexible, yet detail oriented, and a problem solver.
8. Discerning in decisions, recommendations, and counsel.
9. Ability to travel within the region, involving overnight stays away from home.
Commitment: This is a full-time position. Two-thirds of the salary is provided. An additional one-third may be personally raised as support. Support-raising training is available.
Agreement with the policies and procedures in the Interserve USA Employee Handbook is required.
Interserve USA is an employer-at-will. As such, Interserve USA reserves the right, as the employee does, to terminate the employment
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com