Changing Lives. Bringing Hope
This position is designed to coordinate and oversee Harvesters activities in both South Sudan and Uganda. Working through the African National Director, the Senior Missionary will insure the application of Harvesters mission, vision, goals and values.
Harvesters Reaching the Nations (HRTN) is a Christ-centered organization providing discipleship, education and health care to orphans as well as vulnerable women and children in remote regions of the world. We are working to realize a vision: a world where children are free from spiritual, economic and social poverty so they can better serve their communities as disciples of Christ.
1. Participate in daily prayer, individual and corporate, for the knowledge and application of God’s will for the ministry of HRTN and the people of South Sudan and Uganda.
2. Represent, teach and implement Harvesters mission, vision and values.
3. Support, encourage and assist the African leadership team at each location.
4. Meet routinely with African leadership to represent Harvesters strategic initiatives, goals and objectives which may require periodic travel to each location.
5. Provide logistics assistance for HRTN operations in South Sudan.
6. Participate in ongoing discussion of strategic vision for HRTN including mission and organization.
7. Assist in defining the future direction for HRTN and how it may best care for and disciple vulnerable children: orphanages, schools, boarding schools, clinics, churches, vocational training, etc.
8. Communicate routinely with Executive Director about issues, concerns and observations.
9. Participate as appropriate with committee and program area meetings.
10. Assist in the planning and coordinate the visitation of short term mission teams coming to East Africa.
11. Maintain signature authority regarding Uganda bank accounts (Stanbic Bank) and make cash withdraws as directed to support HRTN operations.
12. Facilitate communications between Africa staff and US staff concerning financial, development, marketing, IT or other administrative issues.
13. Collaborate with others on HRTN team concerning best means of missionary education and support.
14. Manage the process necessary for the selection and management of students involved with the Hannah Scholarship Fund.
15. Provide a supportive environment for Harvesters students doing post-secondary academic work.
16. Ensure a biblically based fellowship culture exists amongst Harvesters post-secondary students in Arua.
17. Meet and develop a relationship with Arua area members of UNHCR, OPM and relevant indigenous organizations for the purpose of gaining their understanding and cooperation for future ministry of HRTN.
18. Minister to the community in the Arua area in various ways as the Lord may lead.
19. Provide whatever technical and administrative gifts in conjunction with initiatives that the African leadership engages.
· Well-experienced Education or Administrative leader.
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
· Flexible and adaptable; interest in the local community; interest in learning the local language.
· Demonstrated management and leadership skills; direct supervisory experience.
· Initiative to improve processes and procedures.
· Ability to raise own missionary funds.
· Prior missionary experienced preferred.
· Experience in Education preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com