- Phone calls, emails, texting messaging, and Skype meetings with globally-minded seniors to share vision, answer questions, counsel re: track and location preferences and assessing readiness.
- Interview applicants and connect them to a team that best fits their passions, skills, experiences, and desires for global service.
- Provide one-on-one coaching through the application steps to encourage seniors as they discern if serving globally with GoCorps is the right choice for their next step.
- Mentor underclassmen as they prepare to go in the future.
- Contribute to various special projects and campaigns to build the culture of mid-term missions and remove common barriers students face.
- Ongoing emails and calls with various ministry partners and colleagues in a virtual work environment.
- Regularly report progress of current applicants to sending organizations and coaching director to ensure a streamlined application process.
- Lead a small cohort of Goers as they prepare and train to launch to the field.
- Raise funds for the ministry of GoCorps, primarily through the raising of personal support for salary and ministry expenses. Grow and maintain relationships with donors through regular, ongoing communication and visits.
- Attend GoCorps events including:
- GoCorps Orientation Weeks (GoWeek)
- GoCorps Partner Summit
- Participate in:
- Weekly phone call with supervisor
- Weekly conference call with GoCorps staff and regional reps
- Weekly staff prayer
Background and skill-sets:
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Team player
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Good people and networking skills
- Ability to cast vision in one on one settings
- Mentoring experience
- Prior cross cultural experience very beneficial
- Willingness to travel
To Request information about our staff onboarding process, click here.
This is a support raised position
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org