Website Global Outreach International
The Director of Missionary Care at Global Outreach International (GOI) facilitates initiatives and manages processes that support the holistic well-being of GOI missionaries. The Director of Missionary Care is responsible for overseeing processes which engage missionaries, equip missionaries, support missionaries’ spiritual, emotional, and physical well-being, while serving as the point person for the Operations Team in dealing with situations of concern or crisis. The Director of Missionary Care works strategically with other Directors and Senior Leadership Team members to engage missionaries as appropriate during their onboarding process, as they execute their work on the mission’s field, and during their offboarding and debriefing processes. The Director of Missionary Care reports to the Vice-President of Operations and is based out of GOI’s Home Office in Tupelo, MS but has a heavy emphasis on travel and at times allows for remote work options.
• Works strategically with other Directors and Senior Leadership Team members to engage missionaries as appropriate during their onboarding process, as they execute their work on the mission’s field, and during their offboarding and debriefing processes.
• Develop systems, processes, and protocols that ensure all missionaries feel that they are heard and cared for.
• Facilitates the development of strategies that holistically assess missionaries, identifies areas of concern, provides people or resources to aid the missionary and their family, and communicates protocols to the missionary care team.
• Empowers and equips churches to care for missionaries.
• Empowers and equips the Board of Directors to care for missionaries.
• Oversees and directs processes that encourage and engage missionaries in communication with the Home Office Staff, Missionary Care Staff, and Regional Care Coordinators
• Plans and directs domestic and international missionary care retreats.
• Facilitates the development or outsourcing of resources to be used within missionary care training and development.
• Works to monitor complex situations; responds intensely and proactively to formulate action plans in coordination with GOI advisors and embodies strength and calm in others while during stressful situations of concern or crisis.
• Leads volunteers, staff members, and Regional Care Coordinators assigned to work in Missionary Care or be a part of Missionary Care projects and events with clarity and clear expectations.
• Recruits and develops Regional Care Coordinators.
• Executes tasks associated with managing assistants, senior assistants, specialists, and senior specialists assigned to Missionary Care such as planning workload, assessing and managing performance, and managing professional development.
• Assists in facilitating Missionary Orientation and Training
• Assists with community engagement, marketing and development, and fundraising as appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned.
Leadership and Values
• Empowers employees to innovate, maximize productivity, ensure professional excellence, maintain high-quality standards, and promote teamwork.
• Promotes a culture of professional growth within GOI through coaching, mentoring, and professional development.
• Cultivates a strong, collaborative working relationship with other GOI team members in the Home Office and in the mission field.
• Demonstrates commitment to GOI’s Mission to show and share the love of Christ.
• Demonstrates honesty, sincerity, humility and respect for individuals while modeling GOI’s Core Values.
• Shares agreement with GOI’s Statement of Beliefs.
• Possesses commitment to following the principles embodied within GOI’s corporate culture including ideals such as: maintaining a personal commitment to participate in a fellowship of believers, working through conflict in a biblical manner, encouraging direct and truthful communication, and striving to integrate our biblical beliefs into our daily lives, with our interactions with others, and into our decision making processes.
• Ability to engage GOI’s mission statement, exemplify GOI’s core values, identify with GOI’s statement of beliefs, and embrace GOI’s corporate culture.
• Significant experience working in cross-cultural environments with demonstrated understanding of missions work and the issues facing this endeavor.
• Experience with managing processes and leading others to accomplish strategic goals and objectives.
• Experience with developing and assessing processes which aide in facilitating objectives.
• Ability to use various techniques to train and equip others
• Significant related experience in strategic planning and team development.
• Capacity to communicate professionally and to represent GOI to a wide variety of individuals, both internally and externally.
• Capability to monitor complex situations, formulate action plans in coordination with GOI advisors, embody and inspire strength and calm in others while in the midst of stressful situations of concern or crisis.
• Experience in using office technologies and software to accomplish tasks.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results with minimal supervision.
• Experience in a supervisory or managerial role beneficial.
• Undergraduate degree required with preference given for religious studies, seminary, business, government, or public administration required. Graduate degree preferred.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including medical insurance, retirement plan, plus vacation, holiday and sick leave plans.
Salary is driven by competitive regional market factors with considerations for the candidate’s education and experience.
Apply for this position at https://globaloutreach.org/about/jobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com