Prayer Coordinator Among Afghan Muslims in Metro New York
Website Global Gates
Reaching the ends of the earth through global gateway cities.
Mission Description Summary
Afghans live in other major metros across North America, but over 30,000 live in Metro New York City with tight connections throughout their homeland. Only a few known Afghan believers live in New York and only a handful of local churches recognize the opportunity to reach Afghans locally and globally. The Prayer Coordinator for Afghan work in the region will ensure that a comprehensive prayer strategy is implemented on behalf of the nearly 30,000 Afghans in the region.
Major Responsibilities and Function
- Abide in Christ.
- Invest 5 to 10 hours per week to the assigned Global Gates ministry role.
- Seek to become an expert on Afghans, both in NYC and abroad.
- Establish a prayer network for Afghans in Metro NYC.
- Collaborate with other prayer coordinators and groups to grow the network and learn new methods and best practices for prayer strategies.
- Create and implement a comprehensive prayer strategy to stimulate learning about the people group and asking the Holy Spirit to move upon them in specific ways. For example: creating and maintaining a prayer-focused website, utilizing social media, developing resources such as prayer guides, prayer cards, etc.
- Facilitate prayer events, prayer walks, and prayer conference calls.
- Cultivate a healthy culture of prayer among team members.
- Serve alongside other team members in special projects and trainings, as able.
- Raise up financial partners to support your work through Global Gates.
Why is this position needed?
Significant breakthroughs among Unreached People Groups (UPGs) are marked by extraordinary prayer. This is true not only of those inside movements such as apostolic-missionary teams and early generations of believers, but also true of prayer warriors from the outside who have been mobilized to pray towards movement among a specific people group or segment. Scripture also highlights the importance of prayer by showing many examples of people partnering with God through fervent prayer to see spiritual breakthrough and lasting spiritual change. A Prayer Coordinator is needed to mobilize extraordinary prayer for the Afghans of Metro NYC. He or she is also needed to intentionally cultivate and sustain a healthy culture of prayer among team members and ministry partners who are active in seeing these people engaged with the Gospel.
To apply for this job please visit globalgates.info.