Website Global Gates
Reaching the ends of the earth through global gateway cities.
We are seeking a passionate and driven Director of
Development to join with Global Gates Network to reach the
ends of the earth through Global Gateway cities. The ideal
candidate will have a deep commitment to our vision, mission
and values, along with a proven track record in fundraising,
donor engagement, and strategic planning. This leadership role
will be instrumental in advancing our organization’s impact and
growth by spearheading fundraising initiatives, cultivating donor
relationships, and overseeing development strategies.
Job Description Summary:
The development officer develops and implements fundraising initiatives, cultivates donor relationships and oversees the creation of a strategic development plan to help Global Gates achieve its vision and mission.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategic development plan aligned with the organization’s vision, mission and objectives.
- Create and manage annual fundraising plans, working with leadership to set ambitious yet achievable fundraising goals.
- Identify diverse funding sources, including individuals, foundations, churches, and corporations.
- Lead efforts to identify and engage potential major donors through prospect research and targeted cultivation strategies.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with major donors, ensuring personalized and meaningful engagement, expression of appreciation and providing information on how their financial contribution is being utilized.
Grant Writing and Management:
- Research and identify grant opportunities that align with the organization’s programs and projects. Develop grant proposals, grant applications, and supporting documents in a timely fashion for submission to foundations, corporations, and/or government agencies.
- Conceptualize, plan, and execute successful fundraising events that enhance the organization’s visibility and generate financial support. Evaluate effectiveness and recommend improvements.
- Build, lead, mentor, and inspire a development team, fostering a collaborative and results-oriented work environment. Provide guidance and training to team members on fundraising best practices, relationship-building, and effective communication.
Data Management and Reporting:
- Oversee the organization’s donor database, ensuring accurate and up-to date donor records. Generate regular reports on fundraising progress, donor engagement, and campaign outcomes for the executive leadership team and the board of directors.
Collaboration and Networking:
- Collaborate with the Lead Team to align fundraising strategies with the overall vision of the organization.
- Collaborate with the Communications Team in creating compelling communication materials, advertising campaigns, social media campaigns, newsletters, and brand awareness.
- Represent the organization at external events, conferences, and networking opportunities.
- Provide training and resources to assist deputized fundraisers and missionaries in their partnership development efforts.
Location: Remote. Not location specific. Travel required.
Accountability: Submit monthly reports to the Director of Operations and regular meetings with the Director of Operations and Executive Director.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, organizational leadership, public relations, or communications.
• A minimum of five years’ proven development experience preferred. • Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and CRM database management required.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills including one-on-one and group presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a strong team player under time pressures without loss of poise, grace or humor.
• Exceptional professionalism at all levels with the ability to anticipate needs and challenges in a manner consistent with our organizational purpose and beliefs. • An evangelical believer, actively involved in a church and living out his/her faith on a daily basis who agrees with Global Gates’ Core Values and the Lausanne Covenant.
For more information, contact: Daniel Owen | email@example.com Director of Operations, Global Gates Network, Inc.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org